Firework Festival

Your POV

I really didn't want to go on this whole group trip to the festival. It's just some fireworks. Although the food might be good so I'm tagging along. Nemuri is making me dress up. At least I'm more covered up this time.

(One of these two)

Or

We're meeting the guys there

We're meeting the guys there. It's supposed to be me,Nemuri and, Yu. I don't know how Nemuri managed to get Enji,Shinji and Shouta. Especially Shouta and Enji the most anti social guys I've ever met. You have to go up to them and talk.

Occasionally they're unamused and angry. Me and Enji never get along it's not like he's my enemy or rival. We just clash sometimes. He never blows up though. He stays calm. It pisses me off thinking about it. "Play nice now." Nemuri says.

"I didn't say anything." I say. "I can tell by the look on your face." She says. "Yeah relax maybe you'll get lucky tonight." Yu says. "Lucky?" I ask. "Oh you sweet girl nevermind her." Nemuri says holding me.

I just look confused. "Listen we're going to have a good time. Just stay for fifteen minutes. If you want to leave by then I'll take you home." She says. "Fine." I say. "Besides I think you'll like Enji if you actually get to know him." She says. "If you say so." I say.

Time skip

We get to the festival and meet up with the guys. I don't look at them as Nemuri and Yu basically talk their heads off. Nemuri walks off with Shouta and Yu walks off with Shinji. Leaving me and Enji alone. It's silent between us. What was the point of even coming if we were going to split up? "So I know that we aren't exactly friends and get along but do you maybe want to hang out while we're here. Get to know each other or whatever." He asks.

"Like a date?" I ask. "It can be if you want we can. Do all the stuff that you do on dates." He says. I just think for a moment. "It can't hurt." I say. We go into the festival. "It looks nice." I say looking around. "You look nice." He says. "Thanks so do you." I say.

I see Nemuri

I see Nemuri. "Let's leave them be. Shouta looks happy." He says. Shouta has a slight smile on his face. "He does." I say. We look at the booths. This feels strange. Him complimenting me and being nice.

Maybe I misjudged him. He puts his hand out. "What?" I ask. "It's getting more crowded. I don't want to lose you in the crowd." He says. I hold his hand. The crowd thins out. He's still holding my hand.

My face feels warm. Why do I feel like this? We weren't even friends a minute ago and now we're on a date. What if this is some kind of trick or bet? He's being awfully calm and being a good actor if he is lying.

"Come on why'd you stop?" He asks. "Is this some kind of bet or joke. If it is then stop." I say. He sighs. "Look I'm not a bad guy I promise. I'd never do anything like that to you. I don't bet because I'm a cautious person and I think it's stupid. It's pathetic to hurt someone like that to get something you want. Hurting you is the last thing I want to do." He says and gets close to me. He holds my cheek.

"Even though we argue a lot. It's one of the things I like about you. You speak your mind and you aren't afraid to show emotions. Even over the little things. I look forward to seeing you every day. So I was kind of hoping you'd give me a chance to spend time with you. If I ever did get a chance to get you alone I would tell you. I've wanted to tell you that I've liked you for awhile now. I hoped that I could tonight. At any point. Here would be nice. Plus I could treat you to something to eat even if you said no. That you'd think of it as an apology for all the times we have fought. " He says. "You have been nice to me. I'm sorry for doubting you." I say and hold his hand on my cheek. "It's okay you're careful when it comes to opening up to people." He says. I nod. "How about we get something to eat and play some games." He says. I nod.

Time skip

We've been eating as we play games throughout the festival. He won me a giant bear. He really didn't miss a single shot at that game. He just kept winning prize after prize. I won him a gold fish.

He got so irritated with the fish scooping game. He had to buy a backpack to carry all of the stuff he got me. I carry the teddy bear. We go to the firework area and meet up with everyone. "So you can get along." Nemuri says. "Yeah." Enji says. The fireworks start and we watch. He holds my hand and smiles at me.

End