Unexpected romance

So I was reading through my stories as one does that likes their work. I then came across one of the originals that I did awhile back. Like not from an anime all from my two brain cells. Anyway I completely forgot about this masterpiece that I had at the moment. I also for got that one of the main male oc was named Enji. It's all coming back to me. I know that the Mafia Enji didn't get more attention. This is the perfect opportunity to show you my abilities!

 This is the perfect opportunity to show you my abilities!

So here is part 1 of unexpected romance. (I'm gonna start working on the real deal again. Other stories are in progress)

Enji's POV

I sit at my desk reading the paper. There's a knock at the door. "Come in." I say. "Hey boss." Keigo says. "Keigo." I say. "So I have some news and I was wondering if you'll accept it?" He says. "What is it?" I ask.

"Me and Rumi are getting married and we'd like you to be in it. Would you like to be?" He asks. "Of course Keigo." I say. "Also there is something else and I need to tell you." He says in a worried. "What is it?" I ask. "The butcher shop won't pay what they owe." He says. "Alright then let's get going. I haven't jogged today so this will make up for it." I say.

Time skip

I don't enjoy roughing people up but if they refuse to stay in there place and do what they're told. They have to pay the consequences it's the only way to get through to them. I count the money as we walk down the street then hand it to Keigo. A lot of couples are out in this area. "You know I'm worried about you. You've been there for everyone. Seeing them get into relationships and all. You though you're always thinking of yourself last. I know you want to be with someone. You want to find that one person." He says.

"Keigo I don't need anyone. No one meets my standards because they don't match up to our life style at that. You know how hard it is to find someone who'll love you forever. That will stay by your side till you die." I say.

"But you won't know if you don't try. The perfect girl won't just fall from the sky into your arms." He says. "I'll take my chances on that. If that's what it takes." I say putting my arms out. "Woah!" I hear and a girl lands straight into my arms like she fell from the sky. She's beautiful.

She's a bit shaken from the fall

She's a bit shaken from the fall. "U-Um." I say. "I'm so sorry thank you for catching me." She says blushing from embarrassment. Her voice matches perfectly. We just stare at each other. She's so memorizing. Keigo clears his throat snapping me out of it.

I set her down gently. "I'll be in the car." He says. "Sorry that you fell. Are you okay?" I ask. "Mhm I'm perfectly fine thanks to you." She says with a smile. My face feels warm. "Okay have a good day then." I say and quickly walk off to the car. I get in.

"So what was that again no one meets your standards?" He says. "I was just shocked from the irony." I say. "Oh so when you're shocked by irony you look astounded and turn pink." He says. I look away. "She was pretty that's all." I say. "That's a first. You're finally opening up. You'll be in love in no time." He says.

I look out the side view mirror and see her working. "I can't have her." I say. "Why not all you have to do is try. You'll never know if you don't." He says. "She looks so happy. My life style doesn't match up. She's so smiley and innocent looking." I say. "So you think you deserve someone who's miserable and mean all the time? A borderline psychopath basically?" He asks.

"You know what I mean I can't just ruin her life like that. It's not exactly attractive when you basically kill and manipulate people for a living." I say. He sighs. "Fine I give up. Let's go get something to eat." He says.

Time skip to night time

I get in bed and get ready to go to sleep. I can't stop thinking about her. Why is she in my head? I didn't even talk to her that long. Her eyes though they pulled me in.

It felt like I needed her. That I wanted her. Life can be so cruel. I want to see her again so badly. I have to see her. Tomorrow I'll go alone and see her. I don't feel like hearing Yang tease me.

Time skip

I leave the mansion with out explanation and go to the flower shop hopefully she's there. I peek in the window. She's there I hide. I didn't think this through. My mind goes back to Yang's words. If I don't try how will I know. I'm a Mafia boss I can do this.

I go in. She sees me. "So this is prince charming." A woman who looks just like her. I'm a bit confused. "Mom please." She says. Her mom puts her hands up and goes to the back. "I'm so sorry about that. It's nice to see you again. How can I help you?" She asks.

"Actually I don't need any help. I-"  I say stopping. I try to think how to put it into words. "I'm not really good with words so I'll just flat out say it. I think I like you. After yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about you. So I thought I'd come ask you on a date. That is if you want to." I say.

"I'd like that very much. I felt the same way." She says. "Really?" I say. "Mhm. It's not every day you fall into someone's arms plus you're handsome." She says blushing. "When can I take you?" He asks. "Anytime after six pm." She says.

"Okay. How about I pick you up from here tomorrow at 6:15." I say. "Sounds good." She says. "Okay I'll see you then." I say and leave.

Time skip

I sit at my desk. "So are you gonna tell me where you went this morning?" Keigo says. "I went and asked that girl out she said yes." I say casually. "You did what?" He says.

"You heard me. In all honesty I'm surprised myself. It's tomorrow I'm picking her up at 6:15." I say. "Wow I'm proud of you and happy you are putting yourself out there finally." He says. "Thanks." I say.

TBC...