Big Bad Softie

Your POV

I don't understand why she has to be that way. "She doesn't have to be so mean to me." I say. I pick my journal up from the school pond. I let it dry in the sun. Mitsuki and I were friends for the longest. She decided popularity was more important than our friendship. She's so smart but so naive.

Then again most kids are. I basically go on a scavenger hunt for my stuff. Things just have to be so complicated. I put the things I find in my bag. I have to find stuff barefoot with wet legs since I didn't want to walk around with wet shoes and socks. There are a lot of kids who get bullied in this school.

Everyone has a bully except Mitsuki Bakugo. She's confident and strong. She basically went out of her way to make sure I'm only her prey. There's only one person above her and that's Enji Todoroki. He's huge and strong. With just one look he could make the toughest grown man cry. Me though I have a crush on him. Everything about him makes me crazy.

His voice. His physique. His hot face and the mysterious energy he gives. He probably doesn't even know I exist. How could I just go up to him and talk to him? He'd probably just give me a death glare. I hear meowing from some bushes.

I go towards it. It's Enji with four cute kittens. He gives me an icy glare. God those eyes. "I'll kill you." He says. "Well hi to you too." I say. "Leave." He says.

"I think I won't since you want to be that way." I say. "You do know I can kill you right here and nobody would know right." He says. "You could." I say. "You...aren't nervous around me at all?" He asks. "Should I be? We're in the same grade." I say. He thinks for a moment. "By the way I won't tell if that's why you want to kill me." I say.

A kitten comes to me and rubs against me. I pick it up. Enji glares at me. "I will be gentle no need to worry." I say. I pet it gently. "So why won't you tell. You could easily destroy my position." He says. "I don't care about the whole food chain deal. These kittens would miss you and the time you give them. People could find out and try to take them or separate them. That would hurt you more than the whole school status. Plus thinking about it now. It makes me want to cry. Doing something like that would be so cruel. I could never do that." I say.

He silent. "Whatever." He says and looks away. "You're Mitsuki's little toy aren't you?" He says. Is that how people see me?! Damn you Mitsuki. "I guess you could say that." I say blushing. Her toy it sounds so lewd.

He looks at my legs and feet then looks up at me. "What's your name?" He asks. "(F/n),(F/n) (L/n)." I say. "It's a nice name I'll do my best to remember it. (F/n) Todoroki it has a nice ring to it." He says. "Huh?" I say blushing. "Hm oh it's nothing. I can't just let someone like you go. You're sweet and kind." He says.

"So what I'm yours now?" I ask. "Yeah." He says. "I didn't have a choice did I?" I ask. "No." He says. I sit next to him. "I don't mind that." I say. "I do find it strange though?" He says. "What?" I ask.

"You aren't the slightest bit nervous around me. I could easily destroy you." He says. "True but I can't tell that you wouldn't just hurt anyone. Someone like you seems like a hero type. You may be angry and antisocial but you're nice deep down." I say. "Whatever you're just..." He says. "Just what right?" I say. He silent for a moment. "I guess. There isn't an exact word for you." He says. I just shrug.

"I'll take that as a good thing." I say. "Yeah." He says. "How about we become heroes?" I say. "Why?" He asks. "Just to prove your nice plus you're strong and smart. Why not put it to use. I think doing that will be a good fit for you." I say looking up at the sky. "Don't you think?" I look at him with a smile. "I didn't have anything planned for the future so why not." He says.

"Great then we can both be heroes. I'll be rooting for you." I say. He just looks away. "And so will they." I say pet the kitten. It meows. "See." I say. He looks at me. "I'll...be rooting for you too." He says his cheeks a bit pink. I just smile brightly.

TBC...