Chapter 35.

"What do you mean it's complicated? I need it tonight." Olami groaned.

"Look, do what you have to do and send it tonight." He said and hung up, oblivious of his wife standing behind him.

"What do you need to urgently, you kept me waiting." Mide said and hugged her husband, resting her head on his chest. He placed his hand on her slender waist and rubbed it.

"Just some stuff, nothing important." He said and kissed her forehead.

"You and I both know that I know when you're lying. This is a lie." She pressed on.

"I said it's nothing important." He pulled away and walked to the sitting room. Mide found that painful but said nothing.

She walked to where he was seated and straddled him. He wrapped his hands around her waist and kissed her nipples.

"Let's go upstairs, I don't want to have to clean extra tomorrow." Mide suggested and stood up, but her husband was still seated. She held his hands to pull him up but instead he dragged her close.

"Here's fine, I'll clean then." He said and started kissing her collarbones, down to chest. She moaned and tilted her head sideways to give him more space. The light silky tiny strapped dress, made it easy for him to pull the strap down. In the heat of the moment, Lami pulled away immediately, panting hard. Mide opened her eyes abruptly and looked into her husband's eye.

"What is it?" She asked trying to kiss him again, but he pulled away.

"I have work to do now, I'll come and meet you later on." He said and placed her on the couch, then kissed her and walked away. Mide watched him walk away as tears glistened in her eyes.

"Can't you do it when we're done?" She asked while raising her voice a little.

"I'll be too tired." Lami replied from the stairs. Mide rubbed the tears off and stood up. He was acting weird and she knew it. First the call and now this?

She went into their room and saw him on his laptop but it didn't look like he was working. She ignored him and went to the bathroom to pee and when she came back. She laid on the bed and turn on the AC, got under the duvet and kept on thinking what was wrong with her husband until she slept off.

-----------

"Good morning darling." Lami kissed her cheek, making her eyes flutter open. She was still mad at him and he could see it as the frown appeared on her face.

All night expecting his touch, but nothing came and he wants to acts as if he did nothing. Mide thought to herself and turned away from him and slept back.

"Cmon babe." Lami said and kissed her shoulders. A gesture she would have much appreciated if he didn't do what he did the night before. She ignored him and went back to sleep immediately he stopped disturbing her.

--------

"Babe." Lami called her, but she ignored him and went on with cleaning the floor. She refused to make breakfast, she just wanted to clean the house and then leave for work.

"Breakfast?" He asked again. She carried the cleaning bucket and the towels and left the room.

She'd rather give him silent treatment, than to argue with him and give herself unnecessary headache.

"You know I hate your silent treatments, I said I'm sorry." Lami said and followed her around the house. Mide went into the bathroom and locked the door.

When she was done, she got dressed and left the house. Lami had already given up and left while she was in the bathroom. He knew he would come home to meet something ready for him, so he decided he would grab some food on his way to work.