Chapter 51.

Merry Christmas!! Ho ho ho!!

I wish everyone a happy Christmas, compliment of the season. In case it's your birthday or a birthday of a loved one or friend, I wish you or them a happy birthday and joyous new year ahead. May the season bring us joy and happiness.

Merry Christmas one again ❤️❤️

Ade looked at her mom with tears in her eyes.

"Why?"

"She's only coming for two weeks that's it." Ade shut her eyes close to let the tears fall down.

"But that woman is judgemental, you know your mom!" Ade threw the cup she was holding in anger. Her mom gave her a look and she immediately knelt down to pick the cup up.

"It doesn't matter, she's only here for two weeks. She's bringing herbal treatment for you, I drank it while pregnant with all three of you. It'll make you and the baby stronger." Ade rolled her eyes.

"I never said I was weak. So wait, she knows I'm pregnant and that's why she's coming? Ahhh, I'm doomed!" Ade bursted out crying for real and not faking the tears anymore.

"When she gets here the two days, tell her to go back to Nigeria. Rubbish." Mrs Olaitan angrily walked away, leaving a crying Ade.

Mrs Olaitan knew her kids didn't like her mother and they never once hid it.

Ade herself didn't like how she was feeling which was making her cry. She felt like eating and sleeping at the same time. She felt frustrated a little and tired in general.

She slept off as she rested her head on the armrest of the couch.

Toheeb who planned a surprise visit to Ade knocked on the door, making Ade to jolt up.

"Mom! Someone's by the door!" Ade screamed.

"Get the door yourself." Mrs Olaitan shouted back.

Ade rolled her eyes, before getting up to get to the door.

The blinding sunlight shone in her eye making her squint her eyes.

Immediately she realised it was Toheeb, she gave him a big hug.

"Aww, how are you?" Toheeb asked wrapping his hands around her back.

"I'm not fine." Ade said and pulled him inside.

"What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you upstairs, let's go!"

"Who's that?" Mrs Olaitan asked.

"It's Toheeb."

Mrs Olaitan came out of the kitchen with a napkin in hand. She smiled widely at Toheeb.

"Have I ever told you how blessed you are? I don't think so, you're so blessed. Please, she's your responsibility now." Mrs Olaitan said, pointing at Ade. "I'm going to see your mom." She said to Toheeb who just smiled back.

"I met her before coming here."

"Alright, that's good. I'll leave in few minutes, just need to pack some stuff for her." Toheeb Thanked her before Ade pulled him away.

Immediately they were alone in Ades room she sat down on the floor after a few struggles.

"My grandma is coming in two days, I don't want her to come. She's so judgemental and ugh! According to my mom- wait, lift me up," Ade said and groaned. Toheeb wondered why she sat down on the floor in the first place. He helped her up and she sat on the bed. "So, according to my mom, she's bringing herbal treatment for me like I'm sick and they are all horrible in taste."