Chapter 54.

Dedicated to OnyiaStephanie4. Madam legit called me to update. I promised since last week but school held me down.

I love you so much babe❤❤🤗

"He's still not picking his calls." Mrs Badmus whispered to Ajoke to avoid waking Ade up.

"Yeah, I've tried too." Ajoke said and sighed, running a hand through her hair. She had flinged her scarf somewhere when they got to Mrs Badmus's apartment.

"Ade would be restless when she wakes up." Mrs Badmus looked at Ade with pity and sighed.

Ajoke looked at her best friend and shook her head.

Ade finally woke up a few hours later and the first thing she said was 'Toheeb'. She looked around and found Ajoke sprawled on the couch, asleep and was hearing some noises coming from the kitchen. She carefully stood up and walked towards the kitchen. She felt a hard kick on her lower abdomen and gently rubbed her stomach.

As she got to the kitchen, she met Mrs Badmus by the cooker making something. The scent wafted through the whole kitchen immediately and she sighed in delight.

"Where's Toheeb?" She asked immediately, forgetting about the wonderful scent of the chicken pepper soup that was being cooked.

Mrs Badmus turned back, startled.

"Oh! You're awake. Sit down let me serve you some chicken pepper soup." Mrs Badmus offered Ade a seat. Ade gently sat down feeling a little bit tired and weak.

"Not yet. Where's Toheeb?" She asked again. She groaned as she felt another hard kick.

Mrs Badmus moved close to her immediately and started to rub her back.

"What's wrong?" Mrs Badmus asked as Ade went on her knees gently and rested her head on the chair she was sitting before.

"They keep kicking really hard." Ade said as the kicking reduced. She took a deep breath and sat on the floor. Mrs Badmus continued to rub her back gently.

Her phone blared loudly, indicating a call. She tried to get up thinking it was finally Toheeb. Mrs Badmus told her to sit back.

"I'll get it for you dear." She said.

After bringing the phone to Ade, it was her mom calling. She picked the call and kept it on speaker. Mrs Badmus went back to clean up the cooker.

"Hello mummy?" Immediately, Ade heard sniffing sounds.

"She lost her baby." Mrs Olaitan said and sobbed silently.

"I'll come over now." Ade said and started to get up as carefully as she could.

"Don't come over. Try to rest. Im sure youre still-" Mrs Olaitan was saying but got cut off.

"I'm coming over. All of you need to stop tying to put me in the dark!" Ade angrily spat and hung up. She looked at Mrs Badmus, who's gaze was already focused on her.

"We haven't been able to reach him for now." Mrs Badmus said, already knowing Ade was going to ask about Toheeb.

Sighing, Ade rubbed her face and stood up. She felt like crying but held the tears together.

Ade picked up her phone and called a ride. She waited a few minutes outside the apartment building alone. The ride arrived shortly after and they left for the hospital. 

Little did she know, she had a pair of eye watching her.

___________________________

Toheeb was unconscious, still in the hospital. Gbola sat beside him.