Chapter 44.

"He'd be back today, so what do you suggest we make for him. He doesn't ever come home unless it's time for the holidays, he's only coming home for your sake." Mrs Badmus chuckled.

Ade smiled, she didn't know what to say. He was coming home for her sake. "We could make.....um..maybe..ok, I have no idea." Ade laughed and sat down on the stool.

"That always happens, I wouldn't know what to cook for dinner. Hmmm, what's your favorite?" Mrs Badmus asked Ade while she rested her elbows on the counter and supported her chin with her palms.

"My favorite isn't my favorite anymore, most of my taste changed due to the pregnancy. Only a few tastes are left." Ade replied and rubbed her belly.

"Alright, what used to be your favorite then and what is the new favorite now?" Mrs Badmus asked, she was really interested to know.

"My old favorite used to be baked pasta and cheese with grilled chicken wings and chicken thighs, but now, I don't know what I really like." Ade sighed.

Mrs Badmus smiled fondly. "Alright then, what do you feel like having for dinner? Whatever you choose,we would all have."

Ade looked at the woman in wonderment. If she uttered what she felt like having, the woman would be disgusted.

"I'm not really feeling anything. Anything you cook would be fine, we have just an hour left before he arrives. We don't have time to debate on what to cook." Ade said while she stood up.

She had been with Mrs Badmus since 11am that day. They ordered takeout for lunch and now it was 5:45pm.

"I need to pee." She announced and left or the guest bathroom.

Mrs Badmus looked around her kitchen. She had specifically told her maids to take the day off as she wanted to be alone with Ade. She opened her kitchen cabinets, searching for what to cook. It was times like this she hated most.

When Ade came came back, they settled for Mac and cheese, since that was closest to what Ade wanted.

Ade offered to cook the chicken they would be eating. Mrs Badmus accepted as they didn't have much time left.

Mrs Badmus made sure Ade was really comfortable with her and Ade was already warming up to her.

Ade had seasoned the chicken and wanted the ingredients to marinate so she would bake it later.

After a while, she and Mrs Badmus just sat around and talked about a few things until Mrs Badmus shifted the conversation to the unborn babies.

"So, have you hought about my request?" Mrs Badmus asked. Ade wondered which request Mrs Badmus was talking about.

"I can't remember." Ade said truthfully.

"When I said if you wanted to have two nurseries here in my house and at your place too? Or if you also want to live alone, you know you would need more space with the kids, I could rent you an apartment, it's nothing much. I just want my grandkids to be comfortable as ever." Ade stared at the woman wide eyed.

"I think I'm comfortable in my parents house. This is my first pregnancy and I definitely don't know how most things work with those little creatures called babies, I would need all the help I could get and my mom won't let me live on my own yet, ok maybe my mom would but definitely not my dad, especially with three kids. And about the nursery, if that's what you want, I can't keep the children away from Toheeb. I'm pregnant because of him." Ade laid down all her reasons. Mrs Badmus nodded her head in understanding.

Immediately Ade put the chicken in the oven, the door bell rang.

Mrs Badmus squealed. "He's here, ok? I'll be back." Immediately she left the kitchen leaving Ade really uncomfortable. Ade sat down, backing the kitchen door as she chewed on her nails.