Chapter 39.

Toheeb carried his box and bag as he entered his dorm room. He didn't have time to check his phone the whole day and he was already missing Ade and their unborn babies, and of course his mom.

"Mate, we're about to play basketball now, you'll play?" His roommate, Alex asked as he removed his shirt and changed into his Lakers tank top. Toheeb, looked at him and wondered if he should play. He looked at the two boxes he had to unpack and he decided to procrastinate unpacking and nodded his head. He opened his locker and brought out his Lakers Jersey also and wore his basketball shorts together with it.

Both guys were putting on their socks when the third roommate entered, He also changed and they all walked to the basketball court.

The court was a very big old hall, that the school authorities changed into a sports center as the amount of student that joined sports, doubled with time.

"Tuheeb, hurry mate." Toheeb turned to Alex and rolled his eyes, sure, leave it to his friends to spoil his name. He just had to get used to it with time.

"Comin'."He jogged towards them and they divided themselves into two teams.

The game started shortly after.

---------

The guys all dropped to the floor, they were all exhausted. After playing two rounds with little break in between, they were bound to be exhausted.

They all gulped one bottle of cold water each, in seconds, panting at the same time. Their sweats, dropping on the floor.

"That wasn't a fair game." Toheebs team mate suddenly said, making everyone look at him. Toheeb knew an argument was cooking up.

And he was right. Two minutes later, angry voices were booming around the hall. Toheeb knew if he tried to tell them to stop as the game was just a warming up game, his words would fall on deaf ears, so he said nothing and watched them argue.

His phone chimed and he checked it. It has been on silent since and he must have mistakenly removed it from silence. He checked it and it was from Ade, a smile found it's way on his face.

"What's funny?" An angry player, scott, boomed at Toheeb. He looked up and glanced at him, then ignored him and tapped on the message.

"Hey, dad, so.. You know I haven't gone to work for a while, meaning I have less cash. Went baby shopping with the girls today, but I need more money. Please send me some and no, I won't ask him."

He read the message again and knew she sent it to him by mistake. He was kinda mad that she wasn't going to ask him for money, when she needs it for their babies, but, he can't do nothing about it. He felt that she would be really mad at herself for the mistake of sending it to him, so he dialed her number but it said switched off. He checked the time the message entered and it wasn't up to three minutes, so he called her again. It said the same thing.

He stood up when he noticed the guys were already going to their various dorms and followed them, still trying her number. After many attempts, he gave up and pocketed his phone.

_______________________

"Where's she?" Toheeb asked Gbola. He was currently in his room, having showered and a towel hanging on his shoulder.

"Who?" Gbola asked. He was also in his room, doing the work he had.

"Ade. She texted me today and after that, her phones been switched off." Toheeb explained and took a snicker chocolate from his drawer and took a bite after opening it.

"How do you expect me to know? Not like you pay me to monitor her movements." Gbola replied. Toheeb could hear the anger in his voice.

"What's wrong?" Toheeb asked, referring to Gbolas mood.