Part Two - First Teaching Day

Hey guys.  SO this is part two.  It is in Calum's POV.  

This is how the chapters are all going to go.  Summer and then Calum.  I hope that's not confusing.  

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

First day as a fully qualified teacher.  I was so happy when Luke got a job at the same school as me.  It is a sort of security thing.  I am the new PE teacher and football coach as well.  I love it so much, and I like letting younger people learn their talents on the field as well, it is so cool.  

I walk in with Luke and we go straight to the Head Teachers office for our little meeting thing.  “So I understand you are our new teachers this year?”  He asks us and we both nod.  It feels like we are back at school and getting into trouble.  “And you are aware of your roles in the school?”  He asks.  “I think so.”  Luke says and he sighs.  I laugh mentally.  “You, Mr Hemmings, are the new Maths teacher so you are on the far end of this wing of the school, you, Mr Hood, are in PE which is on the far end of the west wing, which is right at the other side of the school.  You are both going to be taking the same sexual education class but alternate with every week.”  He informs us and we nod again smiling.  “You are aware of our rules?  About students’ uniform and attitudes.  Girls’ tops cannot be revealing and skirts cannot be too short.  The boys are not allowed to have their trousers half way down their backsides.  And boys and girls are not allowed to engage in PDA in school grounds.”  “Yes, of course.”  I say and Luke sits quietly.  “I think that should be all.”  He says and stands.  We stand also.  He holds his hand out for us to shake.  “Thank you.  And welcome to the school.”  He tells us and we both thank him and shake his hand firmly. 

We leave the office.  “Welcome to the school?”  I laugh as I turn to Luke.  “I know.  Does he seriously not remember us?”  Luke chuckles.  “Can’t be possible.  We were always in that office.  He hated us!”  I smirk remembering everything we used to get up to with our two other friends.  “And I was captain of the football team!”  I say remembering that.  “And I was- at every one of your games.”  Luke says making me laugh.

We walk through the school to the PE area where I am to be.  “Are you ready for this mate?”  I ask Luke.  “I don’t know man.  I am really nervous for some reason.”  He chuckles nervously.  “It will be fine.  Remember, we have all the power this time.”  I tell him and he smiles.  “I hope so.”  He tells me.  “What year do you have first?”  He asks me.  “I think I am actually free first.  You?”  “I have the year 12’s.  Save me!”  He says.  I let out a little laugh.  “It will be fine.  The girls will probably think you are hot and just zone out, the guys will be too interested in why the girls think you are hot to pay any attention.”  I tell him.  “Did you just call me hot?”  He asks grinning.  “No, I said that girls will probably think that.”  I tell him.  “But that is only because they won’t have seen me.”  I wink.  “You are such a dick.”  He chuckles.  “You should probably head if you don’t want to be late.”  I tell him and he rushes away.  

I put my stuff into my locker in the staff room and change into my shorts, tank and trainers.  I grab my water bottle and phone and head out to the staff room to introduce myself.  When I get there they are all really nice and the lady keeps talking about her kid.  The door opens suddenly.  “Calum Hood?  Is that you?”  I hear and turn to the voice.  “Coach.”  I say happily walking to him smiling.  “When I heard it was you I had to see for myself.”  He grins and I smile back.  “Well here I am!”  I say loudly.  “Guys, this here is the best captain I have ever had.” Coach tells them.  “And now he is taking my job.  It is funny.”  He smiles at me.  “Aw, is this the guy that broke the losing streak that lasted like five years?”  One of the teachers ask and I smile proudly.  “It is indeed.”  He smiles.