Part Fifty - Jealous

I got Summer in the house and up to her bed. She was asleep the full time. I could tell how exhausted she must have been after everything. After all, this was the first time she had actually been out of the hospital and in her actual hometown for about 8 months. It was mental really, thinking about how long she had been away. Of course she had been in the hospital for two months but that wasn't really the same as actually living in reality. I felt bad for her so we just let her sleep.

We were all sitting down the stairs just hanging out and watching TV. Luke and I cooked Spencer some food since he was hungry but too tired to make anything. It is safe to say that we actually worked together to make a meal and not just a mess. Which was important as it wasn't even our house.

"Bro, pass me the salt and pepper?" Luke asked and I threw it over to him. "Spence likes a lot of pepper." He chuckled when I eyed up the massively peppered omelette we had just cooked for him. "Okay, you know him better than me." I stated. "A lot better than me." I smirked at him. Luke's cheeks went slightly red and he rolled his eyes at me. "Fuck off mate. I like him. Quite a bit actually." He admitted to me. My eyes widened, Luke never liked people, well, not like that. He was more into relationships than me but the boy still played around. "Really?" I asked, a little taken aback. "Yeah. There is something special about him. I just want to protect him from the world and have him by my side all the time." He told me.

I could see the light in his eyes when he spoke about it. Spencer was special to Luke, I feel like Luke and Spencer could actually last. I want that to happen, especially with everything that they have been through in their relationship. They aren't even official yet, it was just too awkward with Summer being kidnapped and then in hospital. I knew Luke wanted to make it official but he wouldn't do that to him. He was far too kind. "I'm happy for you man. You guys are cute." I tell him and he lets out a little laugh. "Thanks. We are." He agrees, showing his cocky side and making me laugh.

We walked back through after Spencer shouted about being hungry to Luke. Luke laughed and gave Spencer a kiss on the forehead before handing him his food. "I love pepper." He grinned as he looked at the food. "So I've heard." I chuckled at the way he looked at the food as if he hadn't eaten in a week when it was probably just a few hours. "You spilling all my secrets Hemmings?" He played with Luke and Luke just grinned at him. "I keep the good ones to myself." He winked and I cringed a little but laughed at the same time. Spencer gasped and hit his arm. "Luke Hemmings. Don't say things like that." He scolded him as Luke laughed and hugged him to his side.

Spongebob was playing on the TV as we all sat in a comfortable silence. It got to a few hours later and we were still just sitting there wither in quiet small talk or in total silence. I felt like we were all thinking about something, completely different things but equally as important to us. I didn't know what was on their minds but I knew that Summer plagued my mind.

Summer had been through a shit lot over the majority of the year. She was quiet at first but she always seemed to be able to talk and be comfortable around me and her brother. But recently she has gone quiet again, retreated into herself as if she is thinking of things that she doesn't want to talk about, or that she feels like she can't talk about. I don't know what it is, but I can't help but feel it is about Elijah. He is the one person that Summer doesn't speak about. I have barely even heard her utter his name since she was rescued.

Elijah was a psycho. He was a gang leader. He killed people. He kidnapped and tortured people. He sold drugs and guns and people. He was not a good guy. Nothing about him was good. So I could not understand why the hell she was so caught up in him. I know that she spent a lot of time with him, that he would have said things to her and they would have done things together, that I do not want to think about. But it doesn't mean he was a good person, or that he deserves to be on her mind. I just wish I knew why she was so caught up in him.