Part 59 - Love of who's life?

Summer's POV

Calum and I had both finally opened up with each other about our feelings. Since that day I got arrested and he had picked me up we hadn't seen each other all that much, we were still trying to work it out but we were both massively busy. I had to focus on studying for everything, Luke had been coming around to our house a lot lately, not just for Spence, he was helping me study. Luke was so smart and he could help me with a few of my subjects and I was so grateful for him.

Today Luke and I were doing maths as we had realised that it was my weakest subject but 'I had greatly improved' over the past few weeks, as Luke said. "So the magnitude of a vector can be found using the Pythagoras theorem." He told me, as we studied for my final exam. I was doing all the working on the sheets he had given me. I had mastered the Pythagoras theorem so this would be easy. "So if (a)squared = 16+25, then |a| is the square root of 41?" I asked as I worked through the final problem. Luke read over the method I had used and he turned to me with a smile. "Perfect! They are all perfect! Well done." He grinned at me and high fived me. I laughed at how excited he could get by some correct Math problems. We moved onto the addition of vectors and that we easy as pie.

Luke was buzzing by the end of our study session, and in turn, so was I. "I am so proud of all the work you are putting into this. You will pass the final easy with everything I have seen. I have some past papers that you can do so you can get a feel for it. The only thing after this is Scalar Product and then some further calculus. We'll get you finished in no time." He told me as I packed away my maths books. "Thank you so much for doing this Luke. I don't know what I would have done without you." I told him honestly with a smile on my face. "Summer, you really have put in so much work even by yourself for all of this. I know it means a lot to you, to be able to graduate. I am proud of you." He grinned back at me and I pulled him in for a hug.

Luke and I sat on the couch watching some How I Met Your Mother after we had finished up completely. "I am still mad that Ted and Robin ended up together." I mumbled under my breath as I watched the Barney and Robin relationship blossom. "I know. I hate it too. It's so stupid. Barney was so much better for her." Luke agreed as we watched Barney clean up Ted and Robin's apartment. "He loved her so much. Barney chased her pretty much the full show, while Robin and Ted were on-again off-again and show other people the full time. Barney just wanted her to be happy." I explained as we ended up just talking about it. "I know how he feels." Luke mumbled. I didn't know if he wanted me to hear but I did.

I paused the show and turned to face him. "Luke? What do you mean?" I asked him quietly. "I just- I know how it feels to fall in love at first sight but not do anything about it. You spend the time you know them thinking that they won't ever want you and you try to be content with being their friend, but you know it is never enough." He stopped as if he was thinking of how to word it. "But I know how it feels when you go for it and then they do want you back. As much as there is other people that don't agree with the relationship or think it makes sense. Love is powerful." He tells me with a small smile. I inspect his face. "Have you always been gay?" I asked out of the blue, not knowing the answer. "No. I amn't even really gay now. I am attracted to people, not genders. If I love someone then I will be with them, not matter who or what they are." He tells me honestly. "Have you ever had a crush on one of the boys?" I wondered out loud. He laughed at me question, his entire face crinkling in amusement. "No. God no! When we were a lot younger people used to think that Cal and I were together. I am just really clingy and I like to cuddle, and Calum is cuddly. So sue me." He laughed as he explained. I laughed with him.  Calum was pretty damn cuddly which is weird.