Part 21 - I Don't Get This

Calum and I walked into my house once we'd arrived. I was still too busy thinking to actually talk. I just can't get it through my head. These girls were attacked because of me. I was so stupid. I shouldn't have reported it. I should have just ignored it. Because that drawing wouldn't have been shown on the news. Then they would have just been fine. I don't even know how all of this happened.

We got inside and I just went to my room. I got changed into some comfy clothes while I left Calum downstairs to occupy himself. I changed into some leggings and a baggy jumper. I know it is warm but this is just what I wear. I even took my bra off, because, why wear a bra when you are at home?

I walk down the stairs and I see Calum just standing where I left him. "Sorry. I don't know where anything is." He smiles awkwardly at me. I chuckle a little. "It is fine. You could have explored a little." I tell him and he just shrugs. "I suppose." "Are you hungry?" I ask him. "I kinda am. Are you?" He replies. "Sure. Follow me." I tell him with a small smile.

We enter the kitchen and I just go to the cupboard. "What kind of thing are you hungry for?" I ask him while I look around. "What do you have?" He says curiously. "I have cereal, bread, pasta, pizza, ice cream and fruit." I tell him. "Pizza?" He asks me and I smile. "Good choice. Hawaiian or Pepperoni?" I ask. "What do you like?" He says back. "I like both but I prefer Hawaiian." I shrug. "Then that's what it is." He smiles and I return his smile. I put on the oven and wait for it to heat up.

I join him in sitting at the breakfast bar. "Do you want a drink?" "Can I get tea?" He asks. "Old man." I chuckle. "What? I am not old!" He defends with an offended smirk on his face. "Only old people like tea. Unless you're British." I laugh. "Well what do you drink? Coffee?" "Ew no. I just drink soda or juice." "What hot drinks do you have?" He inquires. "I don't like hot drinks. They just burn me." "They heat you up on a cold day though." "Nah. I hate being warm." I tell him. "Weird." He says quietly and I chuckle softly, shaking my head. I just put on the kettle and make him his tea.

When the oven is ready I put the pizza in. We sit in silence for a while. It is a comfortable silence, until I see Calum thinking with a frown on his face. He opens his mouth a few times before finally talking. "Why did you kiss me on the cheek the other day?" He asks me. That was not what I was expecting. I let out an awkward laugh. "Why did you make out with me last week?" I ask back. "Touché." He chuckles. I laugh with him. "Because I wanted to. And I felt you needed it." "So it was a sympathy snog?" I ask him a little sadly. "Not at all. I just- you seemed like you needed someone to appreciate you and I wanted to kiss you." He shrugs. "Oh, okay." I shrug also.

We sit for a little while longer. "But you kissed me back." He says. I just look at him, blushing a little. "I did." I tell him simply with a nod. "Why?" He asks. Do I tell the truth or make something up? "I liked kissing you." I reply, finally answering his question with the truth. "Thanks. I liked kissing you too." He smiles with a little blush adorning his cheeks. I giggle a little.

We are rescued from the silence when the oven goes off to tell me the pizza is ready. I get up and take it out the oven. "Do you like cutting it up? Or in slices?" I ask him. "Who cuts pizza?" He asks with a weird laugh. "I do." I tell him quietly. "Why?" He chuckles. "I really like pizza. And it makes it last longer." I tell him defensively. He nods. "I'll try cutting it." "Okay. You'll appreciate it. I promise you that." I tell him with a grin. "I had better." He smirks at me.

We sat in the kitchen to eat the pizza and Calum drank his tea while I had some lemonade and blackcurrant. "It is amazing! Try it." I tell him holding my glass out to him when he asked why I was drinking that. He took a sip and his eyes lit up. "Holy hell. That is great!" "I know." I grin since I was right. "And you like cutting up the pizza right?" I ask him. "Yes! I really do. You are a genius." He tells me excitedly. I just laugh at his reaction, he is like a little kid.