Part 65 - You're not a monster

I didn't make you guys wait too long for the update.

Remember, Summer's POV.    

Hope you enjoy!x

I looked at him and my mind completely blanked. I had forgotten what he'd just said until I looked down. I finally noticed what was in his hand and I started to cry again. Gazing back up into his eyes I saw that beautiful, expectant puppy look that he manages perfectly. I thought about everything that we've been through, that I have been through and I looked at this man in front of me. Calum. The man that still manages to look like that innocent little boy when he is sad, or worried, or confused. I love him.

I love him.

That is all that matters and that is all that runs through my head as I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. "I love you." I whisper as if it was our biggest secret. I feel his arms wrap around me and his lips against the top of my head. "Thank God." I hear him say quietly. I giggle as I take in what has just happened.

"Holy shit!"  Calum laughs

"Holy shit!" Calum laughs. I look up at him. "We just got engaged!" He adds and I laugh with him. "Oh my God! We did!" It takes a while for the hysterics to wear off. Calum just keeps surprising me with kisses and it sets us off again. The last kiss does just enough to bring us back to reality. "I love you." I tell him as he pulls away from the long and breath taking kiss we had just shared. "And I love you." "I can't believe we just did this." "I know! This actually happened." We let out little laughs.

Pulling back, we look at each other and giggle as we look at the ring in hishand before looking back at each other and repeating it several times over. "Want to try it on?" Calum asks and I shrug, making us bothlaugh. He shakily takes the ring andputs it on my finger. Perfect fit. The ring is beautiful. It is perfect and as much as I wasn'tthinking about getting married, I think it exactly what I would want in a ring.

It was time for us to head back home. As we sat in the car I just kept looking at the ring and then at Calum. As strange as it was, it didn't feel wrong and I didn't regret it. In fact, I was immensely happy. All I know is that I love him and that is all that matters. Calum grabs my hand in his with a smile on both our faces as we drive along the road listening to Hunter Hayes on the radio.

When we pull up to my house there are loads of cars outside and I look at Calum confused on why. He just shrugs and walks me up to the door with my hand in his. Another perfect fit. I note.

We open the door and there is a fuck load of people inside. I know them all and I know that it is for me leaving school, eventually. "Surprise!" They shout and I just roll my eyes. "Yeah, the cars weren't a giveaway." I say and Spencer groans. "Idiots." He rolls his eyes as he comes over to hug me. "You're finished! How does it feel?" He asks excitedly and I shrug. In all honesty, I had completely forgotten about everything else that happened today before I was with Calum. Probably not healthy, but oh well. "Pretty good, I guess." I say and he frowns. "You don't seem very excited about leaving school. I thought you'd be ecstatic?" He asks and I look back at Calum, who is conveniently still holding my ringed hand. I nod at the other room and he nods back. "Spence, come here." I tell him as I grab his other hand. "Mingle guys!" I shout as I lead the two boys into the kitchen.