Part 68 (part one) - It's time to face the lights

After that strange visit from Max I had broken down in tears with Spencer trying his best to comfort me. I was just so amazed by what Elijah had done. I was hurt by the reminder that he was gone and that he had felt so alone that he could leave all of his belongings to me. It made me feel special and appreciated. He had told me on numerous occasions that I was the only person that ever cared enough to get to know him, to ask him questions and to look into his upbringing. I never fully believed him until I found out about what he was. But I knew him so much more deeply than anyone ever could.

That had been in my mind for the past week, stuck replaying in the back of my mind as I went about my days. Calum and I had finally sorted out the guests and we managed to keep it small. I hadn't told him about Elijah's will yet, I needed to get my head sorted first before I brought it up. But I knew today was the day.

-

Calum and had arranged to do more planning today and so I was getting ready when he walked into my room. I had just finished pulling on my light peach jumper to match my peach heels. I was not bothering with much make up today, just eyebrows and mascara, I just wiped on some cherry flavoured lip balm as Calum sat on my bed reading a book that sat on my table.

"Hey chica." I grinned at him as I was ready. "Hi." He beamed up at me, looking up from the book. I gave him a quick peck, still making me blush after all this time. "You're adorable." Calum chuckled as I pulled away, my cheeks tinging a slight red flush. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him off of my bed. "Come on. I want to take you somewhere today." I told him excitedly. His eyes widened. "I thought we were going to the flower shop?" "Yeah, later. But I want to show you this first." I explain and he chuckled with a shrug of his shoulders. "Okay then, let's go." He agreed and I grinned pulling him out of my room and down the stairs.

I got him into my car and started the long drive out to the countryside. Calum had taken control of the stereo, which I did not mind at all. He was playing a song that he had helped to write a while ago, luckily, I loved K-pop. I laughed along at how poppy it was and he chuckled as he sang along in English.

I pulled into the long driveway and my eyes widened at the sheer beauty of the building before us. Calum turned the music down as he took it in as well. I guess there is no turning back now. "Wow! This place is massive!" He exclaimed as I drove up to the gates and plugged in the security code. "What is this place?" Cal asked as we got closer to the house. "Just wait until you see inside." I told him as he began to bounce in his seat with excitement and unfamiliarity.

I stopped the car out front and parked before getting out of the car, followed by a confused Calum. I grabbed his hand as he looked between me and the house. I looked at the house as well, remembering the last thing that had happened here, right on these steps. There was no trace of blood but I know that this was it. This was where Elijah died. I squeezed Calum's hand in mine and began to walk up the steps. I got the key from my purse and opened up the doors.

Letting out a breath I pushed the doors open and smelt the fresh scent of lemon and vanilla. I smiled at the fact they were my favourite smells. We walked in to the house in silence. Calum looking around like a child. I led him around the bottom floor, which had all been cleared up and cleaned thoroughly since my last time here. There was no broken glass, no blood, no holes in the walls and no sin of anything wrong ever going on in here. "This place is beautiful." Calum let out in a breath. I smiled. "I know." I giggled. "This isn't even the best part." I told him as I led him to the kitchen where the door to the backyard was.