Part Eight - Teacher by Day, Superhero by Night

Once I had gotten back to the house Luke and I separated as he went off to start on dinner.  The other guys weren’t back yet.  We live with these two other guys, Ashton and Michael.  They are our best mates and we have known each other for like ever.  Mike and I had been friends since we were kids and then Luke moved to our school and we started some shitty band and we found Ashton.  I kind of proposed to him when we asked him to join the band.  But after all that we stopped with our music because we wanted to focus on getting careers and Luke and I moved to America for a while.  But we are all still really close.  So we live together because, life is awesome. 

Luke made dinner, and for once it was edible and actually quite good.  Ashton’s girlfriend invited us out to her club and we all got ready and headed out.  When we got to the extremely loud club, it was just some bar.  The guys all ordered drinks and I got a Jack and Coke because it is the best thing ever. 

After a few hours of us talking and joking, and dancing with some slutty girls.  I was quite tired.  The guys made me stay out for so long and I was tired.  I had to teach in the morning and still needed to finalise the soccer team.  I really hope that Summer agrees to join because, for one, she is amazing and talented, and for two, I kind of want to see her more.  I sound really creepy and clingy.  I mean, she is my student.  A really beautiful student that gets on my nerves and gives me cheek but I love it.  She doesn’t seem to leave my mind.  Even when I tried to make out with some girl to see if I was just horny, nothing happened, and Summer was still in the back of my mind.  God I am pathetic.  She is four years younger than me!

At midnight I finally decided enough was enough because it was getting super late and, as I have said, I have classes to teach and I cannot be hungover on my second day.  The guys all decided to stay because they were having such a good time.  I had warned Luke that we would have to get up early but he just waved me away as he got some girls number. 

I shrugged and left the club.  When I got outside it was kind of cold and I didn’t have a jacket.  I was just in a muscle tee and some black skinny jeans.  I tried to rush back to my car and as I was walking down some creepy a body collided with mine.  She was screaming and crying and I tried to calm her down.  When I looked down I saw that it was Summer and my eyes widened.  “Hey.  Hey.  Summer what’s wrong?  Calm down.”  I soothed her and she looked up at me.  Her eyes were bloodshot and her mascara was streaming down her face. 

Just then I saw some guy come running down the alley.  Just as he looked at me holding Summer he turned and started to run.  What a dick!?  He was after her.  He made her cry!  What was he going to do to her?  I was getting ready to catch this guy and fucking beat him to a pulp.  “Hey!  You!  What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?”  I shouted at him, getting ready to chase after him.  But Summer’s voice made me leave him and go back to helping her.  “Please don’t.”  She sniffled quietly but it brought me back to reality.  “Okay Summer.  Okay.”  I said wrapping my arms around her since she must have been freezing, she was shivering. 

I rubbed her back as I buried my face in her gorgeous brown locks.  “You’re fine.  You’re safe now.”  I said softly into her ear.  She grasped my shirt and cried into my chest.  She was probably getting her make-up all over my white tee but I couldn’t care less.  She was still perfect to me and this showed me her vulnerability and I just wanted to make her better.  I never want to see her this upset ever again.  She doesn’t deserve this, especially after all she has been through. 

After a while I decide we should get somewhere warm since she must be freezing and I am still cold.  I put my hands on her waist and guide her down the road to where my car was parked.  “I’m going to take you home.  Is that alright?”  I asked her softly.  She needed to get home and I was definitely not letting her go anywhere alone.  But I needed the reassurance that she was alright with me taking her.  She nods and sniffles wiping her face.  I opened up the passenger down for her and take her hand as she sits down.  She just looks so broken and I can’t take it.  I want to kill that stupid guy!