Part 61 - Confessions

So this has been a long wait for you.  But it's finally here.  This is the next chapter of this story.  There are a few more chapters left of this story.  I hope you are enjoying it and that you aren't too pissed with how long it takes me to update.  

Enjoy!x

Calum had driven for about 45 minutes before he parked the car by the side of the road. "Where are we?" I enquired curious. He got out the car leaving me with only a fleeting glance. I followed after him closing the door behind me. Calum was standing by the boot and pulled out a rucksack full of something I could see since it was too dark. I watched him curiously as he closed he car and locking the doors before holding out his hand towards me. "Coming darling?" He asked with his hand outstretched, waiting for me to take it. I grabbed his hand and allowed him to lead me into the darkness, only the light from the moon and stars guiding us along.

"Cal? What are we doing?" I asked, wondering why this is where he would take me. Usually if he took me out at night we would go to the beach or to look out over the cliffs of the ocean. That was our thing. "You'll see. I am sure you will love it when we get there." He grinned at me. The night sky was bright enough that I could just make out the features of his face and the ground before us. I trusted him to not get us lost.

We followed the path through the trees the space around us getting darker and darker the further inside we got. After about 10 minutes of walking a saw it, I saw the reason Calum had brought me here. There was a massive clearing the trees with a lake. The light of the moon reflecting of the water and brightening the space up more than it had been previously. The entire space was beautiful and I know it would be the same during the day. But I turned to Calum knowing now what was in the rucksack. He pulled out a large blanket, laying it on the ground and he sat down motioning for me to join him. I went willingly and sat beside him. "You love the stars, always have. And I have learned of your new love for the forests and trees. We always used to go to the beach because I love it but I felt like this was the place tonight, especially when the sky was so clear." He explained and I grinned at him. I leaned into him. "Thank you. This place is amazing." I whispered quietly. He smiled and kissed my forehead as he put his arm around my shoulders. "I know. Now let's lay back and enjoy the view above." He said pulling me back with him.

We lay silently, just looking up at the stars and appreciating the view of it all. "The stars are my favourite thing to look at." I said out of the blue. "They are my second favourite thing to look at." Calum said quietly, under his breath. I heard him due to the lack of sounds around us and the fact we were so close. "What's your favourite?" I wondered. "You. You're my favourite thing to look at." He admitted. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks at his words. "Why?" I asked. "You are the most beautiful thing I have ever come to know. I like to look at beautiful things." He said and my cheeks grew hotter as he spoke. "The ocean used to be my favourite to look at before you." He stated as I felt his eye fall to my face. "How did the stars get second place then?" I asked, trying to catch him out. He let out a chuckle. "Because the stars and beautiful and pure, and they remind me of you."

I was silent for a little while just looking at the stars before I turned to face Calum. "The ocean reminds me of you." I told him. "Why? Because I always take you?" He chuckled and I rolled my eyes. "No. Because the ocean the vast and fleeting. It has the power to break and build. The ocean shows you how it feels, it can be calm and settled, it can be dangerous, it can be scary and yet, it is so beautiful, even in the changes." I admit and Calum looks a little shocked at my words. "I love to look at the ocean because I see the beauty in it even when it feels like it needs to burst." I finish. Calum cups my chin with his hand and tilts my face towards his own. Our lips touch and everything inside of me explodes. The fire in my bones ignite, the blood rushes through my veins at an inhuman pace and my heart beats as if it is about to explode. There is an unknown feeling inside of the kiss, one that has always been there but it has heightened to an almost unbearable size.

Calum pulls away slowly. "Summer Hale Thompson. I have lost myself in you. But if finding myself means being without you then I don't want to." He whispers against my lips. "I'm in love with you." I whisper back to him. Finally admitting it to myself what that unknown feeling has been all along. Calum gasps before his face beams back at me. He presses his lips against mine again, this time it is a lot more urgent and that feeling breaks out once again, stronger and more sure of itself. The kiss escalates and my hands are running through Calum's soft hair, messing it up and his hands are running all over my body, leaving hot trails wherever they go. I groan as our tongues fight inside of my mouth. Calum moans as he rolls on top of me. Supporting his weight on either side of my body. He breaks away and looks down at me, I can see the light in his eyes even in the dark.

Calum flashes me his heart stopping grin and push him over before climbing onto his lap. I press our lips together with force, needing to have this. I press my body into his and he grips my body closer. I break away from his lips and let my lips trail kisses down his sharp jaw to his neck. He groans as I bite gently behind his ear. His hands play with the back of my thighs just below my butt. I moan as I kiss back up his neck towards his lips and my hands go under his shirt, pressing my cold palms to his hot chest. He whimpers at my touch and I press my lips to his again.

I sat on his lap and he stopped his movements. "I don't want this to be it. I want to wait." He tells me. I smile back at him. In love with the way he was so caring. "I love you." I grin as I kiss his lips. He chuckles against my lips. "I don't think I will ever get used to hearing you say that." He tells me as he pulls away from my lips. I giggle as he wraps his arms around my waist. "Well I mean it so I will say it repeatedly." I say and his smile brightens. "I am in love with you. I'm completely and irrevocably infatuated by you Summer. This is what I've been feeling since the day you hit me with a hockey stick." He swears to me. I giggle at the memory. "I still won apologise. You were being an ass." I tell him and he laughs. "I hadn't even done anything to you." He said. "But you did. I felt this love for you in the feeling of your presence. I am so glad that I found you."

With everything said and done, we sat together, my back pressed against his chest and his arms wrapped around me. I'd never felt more safe or loved as we sat together looking at the night sky in this little forest clearing, with the man of my dreams. Calum was my safe place and he was the happiness I had waited so long for.