Part 29 - Secret Admirer

Hey guys.  

This is quite short and it might come as a shock.  

Hope y'all like it though. 

Vote and comment and whatnot.  Love you guys!

Monday came and I was back at school. I walked through the courtyard and into the building. As I did a lot of people were looking at me. I had no idea what this was about and I felt quite intimidated. I tried to ignore their stares and just walked to my locker.

Sasha came running over to me. This is a change. "Hey." She smiled at me. "Hi." I said, continuing the walk to my locker. "How are you?" "Fine thanks. And you?" I asked, trying to be polite since she is my friend. "I'm good. I didn't think you still liked me." She said seeming nervous. "Why wouldn't I like you?" I asked. "Well, I am dating your ex." She said and I just shrugged. "The heart wants what it wants." "Okay. Well thanks for being okay with it." She smiled gratefully at me.

I stopped at my locker and as I started to put in the combination I turned to Sasha. "Do you know what all the stares are about?" I asked her, hoping she knew so I wasn't completely oblivious. "I don't know. I never even noticed them." She told me as she looked at people still staring at me. "What!?" She shouted at them and they all turned away. "Thanks." I smiled at her.

As I opened my locker a note flew out. I bent down to pick it up. "Oh has someone got a secret admirer?" She asked jokingly. I laughed with her. "Oh yeah. All my suitors just lining up for a chance." I motioned to the empty space beside me. She just laughed along with me. "Who's it from?" I asked. "I have no idea." I told her honestly. "Why would anyone send me a note?" I asked, more to myself than to her. "Because you are hot." She shrugged. "Okay then." I said.

I grabbed my books to put in my bag and I opened the note. 'Hey babe. Come meet me in my car down the street from the school. We can talk about what happened.' I didn't know how to take this but I guessed it was from Calum. Since the kiss and him telling me he didn't want me with anybody else we hadn't really spoken, he had to leave because Luke called and said something was wrong at the house.

"So what's it say?" Sasha asked me. "Erm, nothing really. But I have to go just now. I will see you later, in class?" I said to her as I reread the note. "Do you know who it's from?" She asked me. "I don't know." I lied. It's from Calum, it has to be. I don't know anyone else to send me a note. "Look, I will see you later. I have to go do this just now. If I am late can you cover for me?" "Will do." She nodded. "Thanks." I smiled as I hugged her.

I can only assume Calum didn't want to talk about it in school. Especially not with the risk of other people hearing about it. That would put us both in danger. I turned around and walked out the school. I walked rather quickly until I got to the street. I kept a lookout for Calum's car but I couldn't find it. I was about to turn back and just go to school.

"Hello Summer." I heard someone call my name. I didn't recognise the voice though. As I looked to see who it was I saw a man standing there. He was really hot and I smiled at him. "Sorry, have we met?" I asked him. "Not exactly. But I think you met a colleague of mine a while back." He said grinning at me. I had no idea who he was. "I don't think so." I told him. He just kept smiling at me as he started to walk closer to me.

I walked backwards, feeling uncomfortable around him. There was something off. "I am late for school." I told him, making up an excuse to leave. "I suggest you come with me Summer. Wouldn't want to cause a scene, would we?" He told me. I turned and started to run when he stopped smiling and looked at me with cold eyes. I felt him grab me. "I guess you did want to cause a scene after all." He chuckled. It wasn't warm or friendly like Calum's. It was harsh and mocking.

He threw me in the back of his car as I started to scream and he jumped in beside me as the car took off at a raring speed. "What is this about? Who are you?" I asked them, fear obvious in my voice. I was just trying not to cry. "Oh darling. You don't really think I am going to tell you, do you?" He grinned at me.

I tried pulling the handle at the other side of the car but it wouldn't open. I was trapped. "There is no point in trying. You're not getting away this time." The man told me. "You are- You're one of them." I said with shock in my face. "Darling. I am them." He said turning to look straight ahead. I felt the tears finally start to flow from my face. Just as I turned away to look out the window for some way to escape, I felt something prick my neck and just as soon as I felt it, everything started to fade away. "You'll be awake soon enough." The man told me as my head started to tilt towards the window. That was the last thing I heard. Everything went dark.

{