Part 9 - Early Morning Witness Statements

I tossed and turned all night, just thinking about the previous night's events. Even though I was drinking the night before I can remember it clear as day. I wake up fully at about quarter to six. I climb out of bed and drag my feet over to my wardrobe. I pick out my uniform and pull it on quickly. I had always thought the skirt was short enough but apparently if you can't see your ass it is too long, that is what most of the other girls in my school thought anyway.

But anyway, I get dressed and grab all the stuff I will need. I have a headache so I go to the kitchen to take two paracetemol so I can get through my day. My brother is waiting for me as I reach the kitchen. "Hey Spence." I greet him as I walk in the room. "Hey Summer. How are ou feeling?" He asks with a small smile. "I am alright. Just a little bit of a headache." "Do you remember last night?" "Perfectly." I tell him and he nods. "Good. That will make it easier." He tells me. "Right, eat up and then we need to leave." He announces, motioning to the bacon he had prepared for me. I smile at him and eat my breakfast quickly.

We arrived at the police station and saw Mr Hood there with Mr Hemmings. "I don't understand-" He starts before Mr Hood stops him. "Hey Calum." My brother smiles as we walk towards the two of them. "Oh hey Summer." Mr Hemmings smiles at me. He seemed confused so I don't know what Mr Hood has told him. "Hi Spencer. Summer." Mr Hood smiles at us both. His eyes staying on me once he had glanced at my brother. "Hi." I greet timidly. I feel awkward after last night. My teacher had seen me crying and in such a state. Now my other teacher probably knew about it and I felt weird about it. "I'm Spencer." My brother shakes Mr Hemmings hand. "Luke." He grins. Mr Hemmings was such a nice person. That I could already tell.

"We ready to do this thing then?" Spencer asks and both Mr Hood and I nod. "Okay then." We walked to the main desk. Mr Hemmings came with us but obviously he didn't really know what was going on. "Hello. How can I help you Mr Thompson?" The man greeted us. "I called earlier about my sister?" The man typed on the computer. And then he looked up at us with realisation in his eyes. "Yes. Miss Thompson?" He looks to me. I nod in reply. "Are you able to give us a statement?" "Yes. I remember everything." I tell him and he nods with a smile. "Excellent. Please go with Officer Hemmings." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Officer?" "Hemmings." A tall man says coming out of a door at the side.

I looked at the man and he looked like Mr Hemmings. "Luke?" The officer asks looking at Mr Hemmings. "Cal?" He then says confused. "Hey Ben." Mr Hemmings says. "What you guys doing here?" The officer asks. "Erm well to give a statement and witness description." Mr Hood says looking from the officer to me. "Oh. Are you here with Mr Thompson?" "Yeah." Mr Hemmings says. "Okay. Well when I am finished with Miss Thompson and she is with the sketch artist I will come and get you." He says with a smile. They both nod and I follow after him. "Let's get this done." He smiles at me.

We get into a room full of desks and I sit down at what seems to be his desk. "Okay so Miss Thompson-" "Summer. Please call me Summer?" I say to him and he smiles and nods. "Okay then Summer. Can you please tell me your version of last night's events?" He says and I let out a sigh as I prepare myself to tell the events. "Well I had been at my boyfriend's house and then we had a big fight and I left to walk home. I couldn't phone for my brother or a taxi because my phone had died and I didn't have enough money for a taxi." I say and he nods writing notes down. "And your boyfriend's name?" He asks, still looking at the pad of paper in front of him. "Tom. Tom Wallis." I inform him and he nods for me to continue.

"So I had been walking for about half an hour when a car slowed down beside me." "Sorry, what time was this?" "Well I had left Tom's at around midnight so around half twelve. I amn't sure though since I didn't have my phone to check." "Okay that is fine enough. Please go on." I nod. "So the car slowed down and a guy called out to me to ask if I needed a ride. I said I wasn't sure and then I asked if I knew him, because I didn't know if I did. Then he said his name was Kyle and he asked me mine. I told him I was Summer. Then I started to walk slowly over to the car and he looked around at the street. He asked where I was going and I just told him 'home'. He then asked why I hadn't called my parents and I said they were dead. He then like, smirked or something and looked around again. I tried to look at what he was looking at but there was nothing around. I started to get a weird feeling about him. He asked me how old I was and then I got really creeped out. I never told him, I just started to back away. He then got quite annoyed and told me to stop. He kept saying that we were 'just talking' but I was panicking. I saw the 24/7 diner down the road and I tried to walk quickly towards it but I heard his door slam closed.