Part Twenty-Six - Talks with Spencer

After everything with Summer went down we just had a good chat and her brother came home. I thought it would be awkward and he would want me to leave but he was completely fine with it. We had dinner together, it was just some Chinese that he had brought home for him and Summer but he had loads so he insisted I stay. We talked quite a bit and I actually really enjoyed our chat. He was such an easy guy to get along with. We talked about music for a while because Summer had mentioned that I used to be in a band a few years ago. Spencer had actually remembered being dragged to a gig we did once and it was quite funny how he had remembered it.

Once we were finished with dinner, I decided it was quite late and that I should get going. I said I was just going to walk home but Summer kind of freaked out. "Calum! Are you joking?" She asked in a loud voice with shock and worry obvious in her tone. "What?" I asked a little taken aback by her. "I live just around the corner." I told her. She just looked at me as if I was dumb. "I know that Cal. But guys were attacked too. I amn't letting anything happen to you." She tells me seriously. I was still getting used to her calling me 'Cal' all my friends called me it but it just sounded so differently coming from her lips, softer and sweeter than anyone else.

"I will give you a lift." She said bringing me out of my little stupor at her nickname calling. "No. Because then you will have to come back alone." I told her. I was just as worried about her safety, if not more, as she was for mine. "But I will be in a car. I won't stop." She says trying to convince me to let her take me home. I had almost forgotten she could drive and that she actually had a car. We just stared at each other as if trying to convince the other to let us do what we wanted. "I'll give you a lift mate." Spencer said and we both turned to him with a little confusion, as we had both totally forgotten he was right there with us.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a hassle." I said to him, making sure he was okay with it. I know that Summer would be a lot happier if I got a lift and the guys don't know who he is, but I was still a little hesitant. I didn't want him to give me a lift because he felt like he had to. "Nah man. Summer wouldn't see you going home alone and I wouldn't like anything to happen to you either." He said and I looked at Summer as she just smiled at him and then to me. "Thanks man." I sighed thankful that he was actually being nice and that he cared for me. At least her brother likes me, but of course, he doesn't know I am her teacher, the topic had never come up and for that I was thankful.

I looked at Summer as if trying to make her change her mind but she just grinned as if she had won, which she kind of did, but it was for both our safety. She looked at me, like my mother would look at me when she would try to make me dress up for a family dinner and I had given in. She kept smiling at me and I eventually smiled back, happy to see her happy, I guess. She gave me a long hug which I kind of savoured because she smelt really good, that is probably really creepy, but she did. We pulled away as Spencer came back jangling his car keys in his hand.

She walked us both to the door and smiled at us, happy for some reason. Maybe it was because she liked the fact we got along and that her brother was so kind. "Thanks Spence." She hugged him and he grinned back at her accepting the hug. "It is cool Hales." He chuckled at her. 'Hales'? Why is he calling her that? "It is the best outcome for us all without a shouting match." He smirked at her, obviously that is what Summer does when she wants something. "Hales?" I asked, purely because I was so confused at the name. "It is my middle name." She tells me and I nod. "Summer Haley Thompson?" I say, testing the name out. "Actually, it is just Summer Hale Thompson." She tells me and I smirk at her. "So your name is a season and weather?" I ask her with a grin. I liked the name, it was just amusing for some reason. She laughs a little bit at me as I think of her name. "Yeah. It was my mum's maiden name." She explains. "It's nice. I like it." I grin at her, meaning exactly what I had said, I really do like her name. It suits her. "Well thank you." She giggles a little.