32. Lunch Date & Park Bench

"You're the only one he would probably listen to Tae."

Taehyung's face stiffened. He wasn't expecting to bump into Namjoon on his morning stroll with Jungkook. The brown head had other things planned in mind when he initiated to have a meal with the younger.

"Joon. I understand that you work for Mr Kent and VANTE but you have no rights to force that decision on me. You of all people should know my answer when it comes to this. I want nothing to do with them anymore."

Namjoon sighed as his head dropped low. Often, he is caught in between the CEO and his friend.

"I know I have no rights Tae, but I can't ignore the fact that he still pays my bills."

"Sorry." Taehyung apologized. The brown head didn't mean to offend the older but his words did come in a lot bitter than it was intended.

"Hey Tae, you know I get it that you didn't mean it right? It is what it is buddy. I know you won't agree to my quest but as instructed by Mr Kent, I have to at least do my job." Namjoon ruffled the soft brown hair in front of him, earning a soft smile on Tae's face.

Jungkook who was doing his by-stander job broke into a gentle smile on his own when he notices the sweetness dripping from Taehyung's face as it displayed an immense amount of fondness towards Namjoon's action. The ravenette has never seen Taehyung acting like a submissive younger before, so this is a new scene for him.

"Great effort in trying but my answer is the same Joon. You can let Mr Kent and Aunt Sara know. I'm just waiting for 5 more months so I don't even have to listen to a single command from them anymore. This debt is making me sink in the ocean."

The raven head who kept his ears in the conversation bites on his lower lips when he lost the sight of Tae's sweet smile to a sulking pout. He didn't like seeing that.

"Anyways, I don't want to be holding your date up longer than I already did. So, I will take your leave."

"We are not-..." Jungkook was rushing to clarify himself when Taehyung cut him off completely. "Very well then, off you go. I'll catch up with you soon Joon."

The younger stepped back with a tint of blush on his cheeks. Namjoon waved them bye with his dimpled making appearance. He soon walked away, turning around the corner disappearing into the busy street.

"So...wanna go to the park?" Taehyung turned to the younger who was watching him with questioning doe eyes.

"S-sure."

Strange. Was Jungkook the only one getting triggered by the way Namjoon connected them as dating? Is he being too sensitive?

"Awesome. I'll lead the way then." Just like that, the older was cheery all over again as he walked a few steps ahead of Jungkook, leading them to a nearby park.

The warmth of the steady sun was a constant as the duo reached the black bench by the park. In between willows and trees throwing a shadow to cover, the park greeted the two young males with its soft breeze. The smell of fresh soil and wildflowers tickled the senses into the younger as he obeyed the older's footsteps.

"Isn't it such a lovely day?" Taehyung stretched his arms wide, careful to not hit on the younger who seated not too far from him.

Jungkook was taking in the beauty of mother nature which he doesn't gift himself often. On normal days, the raven head is either busy in the library preparing chapters ahead or tutoring his juniors and classmates. When comes evening, the topper of the batch will switch his hat to put on his gloves, ready for the training.