38. Forsaken Boy & Distressed Friend

"What's up?"

Taehyung was in such a good mood he felt like he was cruising through the air. He used the support of his hands as he hopped onto the counter while Jin cleared the cashier from the end of the business hour.

"Where did Jungkook go?"

"He went to his training. He has a match coming up in about a month."

"How is it going?"

"Good. He is amazing, I'm sure he will win this. I know he will. With that, he won't have to fight anymore. I can see how he is training so hard for it." Taehyung could sense the younger's dedication in practice. Since the day Jungkook started his training, he noticed how worn out the younger looked.

"Jungkook is an amazing person, he puts his heart and soul into anything he does, I can see that." Jin complimented the raven head, genuinely feeling proud of the younger.

"What is it Jin?"

"Huh?"

"What is it you want to tell me?"

"Why would you assume I have something to say?"

"Coz for the past hour, you have been avoiding eye contact with me. The last time you did that, you were guilty of confessing you broke my glass cookie jar. Which you have not paid me back." Taehyung crossed his arms over his chest as he waited for his good old friend to come clean.

"What did you do this time?" The brown head commanded.

"Why does it have to be me doing something?" Jin rolled his eyes. He won't lie that he did try to make his way out by hiding his fault the last time but he won't deny that he can't hide for long when he is with Taehyung.

"Then say something. Why do you look so constipated now?"

"Fuck you."

"No thanks. You're not even a top."

"Double fuck you." Jin showed two of his middle fingers as Taehyung ignored his older friend's childish antics. "LUCAS AND JUNGKOOK MET." The older yelled out of his lungs knowing very well the doors are shut for the day so he won't be facing any second-hand embarrassment.

Taehyung was stunned.

"Lucas what?"

Jin sighed. Finally, he can reveal what he has been contemplating for the whole day. Crossing his fingers to hope this won't be the road to hell, Jin finally looked at Taehyung to narrate what happened in the bakery in his absence.

"I don't think so he knows who Jungkook is to you. He didn't stay for long."

"Did he look for me?"

"Nope. He waited for Jungkook to speak with him but Jungkook was too engrossed with Yoongi at that time. I guess Lucas didn't want to spend any second longer without any reason so he just left."

"Does Jungkook knows?"

Jin shakes his head. From his best bet, Jin believes that Jungkook is clueless about who Lucas is. "I don't think so you have been worried about Jungkook. Lucas won't swing that way."

"Jin, that's not what I'm worried about." Taehyung nibbled on his lower lips, almost drawing blood from the intensity he was putting while his mind raced with different scenarios.

"You're worried about the wedding between him and Maya?"

Taehyung nodded. "I can never trust a Kallister. Like ever after seeing what he and Kent are capable of. I don't get why Kent wants me to persuade his son to marry Maya. Lucas won't do it just for the sake of me requesting. I'm not on his good book to even begin with."