68: Final

One last time..
.
.
.

You opened your eyes slowly, processing the room you were in which somehow kinda familiar. Neat and clean room, medals, trophies on the shelf and frame on the study table on your right.

Where am I? This room..

You recalled back the dramatic scene few hours ago, the almost death experience, and heated argument with Mingyu. And after that, he saved you from getting into an accident.

"Haeun-ssi, you're finally awake. Do you feel better now?" A softly spoken said.

You brought your eyes to the door as it opened, revealing Nari ahjumma. She entered the room with a tray of food as she approached your bed with her friendly smile.

Upon seeing her, you found yourself quickly scanned the room again and that's when you realized your exact location. It was Mingyu's house.

Your eyes widened in panic and removed the grey blanket away from your lap. You immediately shot up from sitting position and bowed slightly to Nari ahjumma while staggering on your feet.

"Omo- Haeun-ssi. Be careful." She quickly set the tray on the table beside the bed and held your shoulder. She gave you a concerned look.

"You still need to rest. You're so drenched when Mingyu bought you here. Luckily, you didn't catch fever." She said as both of you sat on the bed.

Then, you looked down on your clothes and it surprised you that you were not in your cloth anymore. Now you were wearing a baggy white shirt. You closed your eyes in embarrasment.

"Ah, I'm sorry, ahjumma. But, I have to go—"

"That's absolutely nonsense, Haeun-ssi. You should stay here for the night. It's almost midnight. I'll tell Mingyu about you, okay? And I made you porridge, it's good to warm up your body." Nari ahjumma beamed a meaningful smile at you before she stood up to leave.

The door slung opened which make you and Nari ahjumma got shocked by the barging sound. It was none other than Mingyu. As soon as his worried eyes landed on you, he hastily walked across the room and instantly engulfed you into his embrace.

You saw the elder woman was smiling pleasantly before finally closed the door, leaving Mingyu and you inside the room.

"Haeun-ah.. I'm sorry.." Mingyu whispered against you ear. You stayed frozen in his embrace and remained expressionless at first. But unknowingly, slowly found yourself smiling a little  as you felt his warmth.

"Are you feeling better?"

He hesitantly pulled away to look at you for a response, then seeing his puppy-like expression didn't help at all. You were about to say something when you noticed a wound on Mingyu's temple. The white bandage had some blood on it which made you felt incredibly sorry for him. He must be hurted while saving you from being hit by the truck.

Slowly your hand reached his bandaged, biting your lips in guilt.

For a long moment, both of you just stared into each other's eyes, now with sparks kindled. You realized you were missing him like crazy, his foolishness, his intimidating height which make you looked small standing next to him.

For 26 days ignoring him as much as you could, yet you surrendered to it this time. You just couldn't bring yourself to tell Mingyu that you would leave.

It's okay Haeun, it's for the last so you won't regret..

"I thought I would never see you again. Why did you do that? Why do you keep making me feel worry about you? " He frowned slightly, his voice sounded concern. Instead of replying, you kept mum while looking at distance. Your eyes were unfocused.