43: Past lover

I blinked my eyes a few times.

"What?"

I asked dumbfoundedly as I was confused with his sudden words. But eventually, I could see that he was showing the honesty in his eyes.

"I said, promise me you'll not leave me." Wonwoo repeated again with a serious face.

He was being weird again. All I could do was remain silent while Wonwoo was still looking straight at me with pleading eyes.

Why would I leave him? I mean, why would I leave all of them? I would never go back living in hell at my old hometown. Plus, my friends and family were here, I won't leave my sources to breath again unless it was their choice to abandon me.

I looked at Wonwoo. His foxy warm eyes looking straight at me.

"But, it's weird." I frowned.

"What is?"

"Why did you think it is okay telling me to stay like this? I mean.. we don't have any.. uhm special-"

He cut me off as he cupped my cheeks which gave me chill down to my spine. It was too sudden.

"Special relationship? The moment you stepped into my life, you already special to me," He declared which surprised me.

"I know this is totally unexpected, asking you to stay without knowing the reason why. But trust me, I hate losing people that give smiles to me, not again."

Not again?

Wonwoo looked down and removed his hands from my cheeks. His eyes showed that he could break down anytime if I ever response carelessly. Whether it was because I was afraid of letting him down or I trusted him that it hurted to lose someone in your life.

Instead of giving him a cold reply and act dense, I found myself bravely embraced him. I wondered to myself why was it so easy to let my guard down around him.

"I don't know why are you doing this. But Wonwoo-ya, the best thing my father had done to me is transferring me to live here. I have no where to go. I won't leave you and everyone here." I said above whispered and patted his back.

I could feel myself trembling. I really meant my words. Thinking about going back to my old life was extremely terrifying.

"Thank you, Haeun. And I'm sorry," Slowly he hugged me back and tightened the hug.

"It's fine. Each of us have our own story that could not to be told." I let out a smile as we pulled away.

"I'm just going to say this once. You're so beautiful," He pinched my cheek causing me to wince.

"Ouch, it hurts, you jerk." I hit his hard chest and he only chuckled.

"Haeun! Wonwoo! What are you doing?" I heard someone calling us from the back.

We turned around and saw Mr.Deok with his long ruler. He pointed us with his ruler with a stern face and angry eyes. I really hated to see that face. It was a bad sign.

Looking at him, I immediately checked my phone. Wonwoo and I shared a nervous look.

Shit, we were late to enter the class.

-----------------------------
AUTHOR POV:

Luck was on you, Mr. Deok didn't give you and Wonwoo any detention but just a long reprimand . You would be grateful instead of complaining because of Wonwoo was his favourite student ,you kinda saved your ass.