48: Hope

AUTHOR POV:

Mingyu was walking with Jihoon to the class as he met him infront of the school entrance. Jihoon is Mingyu's friend from his art club and also Dokyeom's classmate.

He was kind of in a good mood because of the thoughts to meet Haeun as he wanted to wish her good luck for this exam. Mingyu knew his girlfriend was working her ass off really hard preparing for this exam, so he even bought a small gift for her.

"What's inside the paper bag?" Jihoon sneaked up his arm to Mingyu's shoulder, smirking at him. Because of their huge height different , Jihoon had to lift his head up to look at Mingyu.

"It's just some thing for my friend." Mingyu found himself smiling at his question.

"Haeun is really a bitch, look what she've done to you Somin." A girl whined, obviously bad-mouthing Haeun.

"It's alright. She deserved a slap on the face from me. Does she think I am easy to deal with? Tch, hell no." Somin mocked leisurely while looking at her painted nails. She laughed along with her friend.

Immediately Mingyu felt anger crept up inside of him and that smile formed on his lips disappear completely. Hastily, he walked towards her and grabbed her hand tightly.

"Yah what are you talking about Haeun?" Mingyu's voice was clipped. His gaze burned as his jaws ticked with irritation.

"A-about what?" Somin panicked and she was trying to pull her hand off because Mingyu was literally hurting her.

"Hey Mingyu, just let her go." Jihoon said. Instead of hearing Jihoon, Mingyu handed him the paper bag which he took it with confusion.

Feeling aggravated, Mingyu roughly pulled Somin with him and brought her to behind of the school building to talk in private.

"Why did you do that?" Mingyu asked Somin darkly. His eyes gleaming in anger as she touched someone that he loved.

"I did that for you. I did that so that you come back to your senses, Mingyu." Somin answered with an innocent face.

"You attacked and slapped Haeun on the face for me? Yah. Are you kidding me?" Mingyu put one hand on his side waist, feeling bewildered.

She lifted her cemented wrist up. "Look, she has done worst to me. It hurts so much."

Her voice was sick sweet, trying to make Mingyu fall sympathy on her. However, she was wrong. That's when Mingyu smirked in satisfication.

"Serve with your face. I know Haeun have a good reason for doing that on you." He defended you causing Somin to groan. Her expression immediately dropped into an annoyed expression.

"Woah, I'm speechless with you Kim Mingyu. My wrist is hurt because of her, but you still back her up?" Somin asked, raking her hair to the back in frustration.

Mingyu tilted his head to the left and think Somin was being ridiculous.

"What? Who are you to me in which I have the reason to get on your side?" He mocked then shook his head.

"Yah! You're too much, aren't you think Kim Mingyu? What do you even see in that girl? She's so emotionless! She doesn't even look decent and charming at all." Somin annoyed.

"Haeun didn't say anything to you about this, right? That's why you get angry after knowing the truth." Somin tried to get on his nerve.