35. Aphrodite

It was nearing 6 in the evening when Taehyung and Jungkook left for Y/N's apartment to pick her up for the buddy ball. The men were both dressed in kurtas, Jungkook in black and Taehyung in white. They opted the minimalist ones so as to not mess around much with the looks.
Regardless, the men looked exquisite with their sleeves rolled up, watches latched onto their wrists and and their demeanor as sexy as ever.

"Hyung, check in the backseat, there must be a shopping bag there. Could you pass it to me?" Jungkook said to Taehyung while driving who was sitting beside him.

Leaning into the backseat, the older fetched the bag. He fiddled with it as he held the delicate bottle in his hands, "Woah Jungkookie...this must cost a fortune. What's it about though?" He then carefully placed the bottle back in the sleek white branded shopping bag.

"Don't tell me you didn't buy her some sort of a gift. She had once mentioned that she had wanted this perfume, so I bought it for her, you know as a prom gift of sorts."

Hearing this Taehyung felt a little inferior, even dumb to not have bought some expensive gift for her. Unknowingly, his expressions grew a little downcast.

Jungkook continued, "Though I'm pretty sure she's gonna make a fuss and won't readily accept it. Oh and I forgot to take the bill out of the bag. Could you just tear apart the bill?"

Taehyung did and his eyes had even widened a little looking at the price. He could have bought her something expensive too, but then he was himself. Why am I so dumb...why couldn't I just buy something luxurious. Why am I so stupid to buy what I did! He mentally reprimanded. These thoughts even made him to reconsider presenting her with what he had gotten. It'll seem cheap in front of Jungkook's perfume. Ugh.

Clearing away these thoughts, they both finally reached Y/N's apartment. Hesitanly, V retrieverd a brown paper bag trying to avoid Jungkook seeing it. "So you did bring her a gift eh." The younger commented before trudging forward.

"I..uh yeah...I did." V muttered.

.

When they reached her door, there she stood clad in her usual baggy sweatpants and sweatshirt, an outfit that she even sometimes wore to the office. Her lack of professionalism in the outfitting was very well compensated for in her professionalism in work so it was a matter easily excused.

With a poor attempt at whistling, she spoke leaning against the door frame, "Oooof. Two sexy, totally fuckable men. Lucifer, my eyes are blessed. I would have proposed a threesome if we didn't have to rush to the buddy ball I swear."

Half chuckling, half grimacing, Jungkook pushed her aside to enter into the place and plopped down on the couch followed by V as if it was their very own home.
"You wish I would ever let ya." He said, being a snob to Y/N as usual.

Taehyung chuckled and raised his brow "I am all in though. Jungkook can try screwing off elsewhere, I can have the woman to enjoy herself enough." He ended with a smirk.

The maknae rolled his eyed at yet another taunt about his virginity. The girl passed them a water bottle she had just taken out of the fridge. "Hey what's that?"

She pointed to the bags kept in the middle of both men on the couch. Jungkook spoke first, stuttering a little because of embarrassment at the account of being sweet to Y/N for once, "Its.. um.. you told Jiminie once so I bought it.. you know like they do.. in movies." He said as if questioning his own conviction.

He handed over the bag to Y/N who then held the delicate bottle in her hands. Without second thoughts, her first reaction was, "I can't take it." And as evil as it was, the statement gave Taehyung a sense of feeling better about himself.