57. Hardships

They walked back to the bouquet counter when the florist called out for them. Her hand clasped with his, she really couldn't ask for anything better.

Handing him the bouquet, Y/N smiled, "And there you go."

It was meticulously arranged with white, six-petalled tiger flowers with spots like blood splatter. Greens like ferns and myrtle adorned it and the bouquet was crowded with baby's breath.

"This is so beautiful" he slowly spoke.

'I actually planned and drew that bouquet on iPad." She smiled and stood on her tiptoes as she tucked out a twig of baby's breath from the bouquet. She gently tucked it in his curly, braided hair, "There goes a baby's breath tiara for a literal baby."

Jungkook had to smile, "I don't take offence to that, actually. Kids are not as hideous as I had thought before."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Yeah right, I can't imagine you calling my kids hideous in the future."

"You mean 'our' kids." He corrected.

"Do you want me to birth babies what the fuck?"

"No, fuck no, I don't want you to birth babies ever if it's up to me."

"Then why'd you say our kids?"

"Because why would you think of having kids with someone else?"

"Why would I think of having kids at all?"

"I don't know, you tell me!" he exclaimed, defeated.

"Okay no, so neither of us wants me to get pregnant. That's good." She explained, half to herself.

Jungkook's mouth hung open in awe at how she could make a banter out of nothing. He lightly flicked her forehead, earning an 'oww' from her, "Sometimes I really wonder how you're supposed to be the smart person."

She pouted as his arm came around her shoulder, "Honestly, me too."

.

After stuffing the two bonsai plants and a bunch of succulents Y/N had bought into the car, Jungkook came around to sit in the driver's seat to find her with her laptop propped open, face contorted in concentration.

"What is it?" he asked.

After a couple of minutes of silence that Jungkook had begun to understand was from trying not to get distracted, she replied quickly, "Something urgent has come up", and stepped out of the car, grabbing her backpack. Realizing that she might have seemed cold and insensitive, the girl looked at him from outside the car window, "I am really sorry for dipping this date, you've no idea how bad I wanted us to spend time together but...uh...work. I'll take a cab. Bye."

And before he could even reply, she had jogged out of the parking lot. Jungkook still had one hand on the steering and the other on the gear. Despite all his efforts to understand Y/N's hectic schedule and her mysterious projects, he couldn't help but feel upset. The week had been tough for him, from relentless dance practices to rushing miles over to her house just to be able to spend some time, it was fucking him up. And the age-old dilemma of whether to confide in her the things that were bothering him or to solve them himself to not both her, he was torn.

Dropping his head onto the steering, the boy had hardly taken a deep breath before his phone rang.

"Yes, hyung. What is it?"

"Y/N is with you, right? Put her on call." Suga hastily spoke.

"No, actually. She just ran off somewhere for 'work' like five minutes ago. Why?"