Unrequited love

The holy city of EverLight was known to be the dream city of all races. Whether that be humans, elves, mermaids, and etc. After all, it was a city built from scratch by the current hero of that era. Not only that, the hero's comrades  even helped with building it by publicizing their info that they  were going to start living in a city built by the hero. And seeing how they were respect and *Adored* by the public (Mainly the males). This of course caught the eyes of many adventurer that either admired/idolize the hero and his female companions. 

Also, before you ask. Yes, his party was mainly only consisted of females. The only official male member of the hero's party was "The black mage" who was once a close friend with a particular female of the hero's party. Though that information wasn't really well known by the public. 

So yea, the hero had a harem beautiful women. But now comes the fun part of the history of EverLight.

You see, since this was in a fantasy world where kings and queen was still a thing. This of course meant that the hero would also have to follow such tradition. (Why you ask? I don't wanna explain. Just go along with!)

But seeing how the hero was going to become a king. This also indicted that there needed to be a queen for the city. Which of course was problem for the hero's party. After all, dozens of his female companions who joined his party in defeating the demon lord was madly in love with him.

The party was consisted of a Sage, a Sword Princess, a Saint, and even a princess mermaid. There were more, but those four were mostly noticed by the public for their prowess and beauty. 

Which of course sparked a debate between all young adventure on who was the prettiest amongst them. (Yes, no one cared for their prowess. Only their beauty...) 

Some liked the Sage for her cute petite body. Though her age was a taboo to say in front her of course...

The Sword princess was liked by many for her sword skill as swinging the sword made it seem as if she was dancing while cutting down her foe.

As for the Saint....Well, It was mainly for those who were into motherly type.

And then there was princess mermaid who charm most of her fans through the use of vocal cord. In other words, her voice.

Though these four were majority noticed by the public. They were only debating between who was the second prettiest in the hero's harem ranking. As the number one undisturbed winner was the ArchMage. She both beautiful and strong. Her strength came from her knowledge of all elemental magic.

She knew all kinds of spells even including light and darkness. Not only that, she was even close to finishing a teleportation spell that no mage have ever accomplish before. At first people thought that she was going to be the queen of the city, but was quickly surprise to learn that she refused and prefer to just be a concubine at best.

Her reasoning was that she wanted to focus on creating new magic, which made most people disappointed, but were okay with it as they now got the chance to find out who was the second best candidate for the queen position. Which of course led to a lot of destruction happening outside the city.

After months of constant fighting. It was finally decided that the winner of the match was...no one. They decided that it was best to just call it a draw as no one was winning and they didn't want to fight anymore. So the public just decided to name the ArchMage was the tempory queen of the city for now.

..

..

..

Now that you know some background history of the situation. I suppose it's time to fill you in on a incident that would forever change the holy city EverLight