The humble mob.

Born in a simple village life. I was content with what I had. If I was asked to give up this life in exchange for the life of an adventurer.

My answer would obviously be no. I would not give up my friends and family for any wealth or fame in this world. As I will always cherish them for all the memories that I had with them.

Or at least that was what I thought, until she appeared.

The person who I was referring to is the current hero of my era. At first I was surprised to see that the hero was a female, since the stories told by my families and friend of the hero would always depicted their gender as a male. 

Anyways, my first encounter with the hero wasn't your typical grand welcoming ceremony. Hell, we didn't even know that the hero was even going to come here in the first place. 

As I accidentally stumbled upon a dead body laying down in the middle of the forest during one of my patrols around the forest near our village. I had expected to find a couple wolfs and even a group of goblins in the worst case scenario. But instead, I found a woman laying face down on the ground.

I rushed over to check on her to see if she was okay, but I soon stopped in my track once I got closer. My blood ran cold at the sight before me. 

"What the actually hell..."

The woman's body was brutally wounded so badly that I could even see the inner organ of the woman. And to top it off, the organs inside the woman's body were still moving...

She was still alive...how is she still alive-

*Shakes head*

No, I have to focus on what's important. First, let's apply some basic first aid.

*Takes off cloak. And rips a fabric of clothing*

"Hopefully this helps...." 

I carefully wrap the fabric around the waist of the woman before gently tying it. As of now, I covered the most gruesome looking wound. But there were still more wounds that I still needed to take care of if this woman was going to survive. But that would have to wait until I get back to the village.

"But before that..."

Looking over the woman's body. I noticed that most of her clothes were all torn up, which left many exposed areas that a woman wouldn't really want strangers to see.

Well, not that anyone would with these gruesome wounds....

*Covers the woman's body with a jacket*

"Let's cover you up..."

I honestly don't want to look at those wounds, while I carry her. It still gives me chills whenever I glance at the wounds that this woman had endure.

"Damn, what kind of experience did you go through?" I whisper to myself.

*Picks up the woman's body*

She's so light?! What the hell?!

I gently felt the woman's body and was stunned once again at the new revelations that I found. And that was how skinny and malnourish this woman was...

*Sigh*

Just what did this poor woman really go through?

Whatever, I'll find out once she regains consciousness.

...

Once I arrived at the village. I ran straight to an odd looking house and knocked on it with a worried look on my face.