My childhood Dilemma (Part 6: The Final Chapter)

Months passed, and the invasion of the demons were finally at the front door steps of the kingdom of Ashwell.

And now, was the time for the chosen "heroes" to make their appearance, and fight back the demon invasion.

Which would have been less nerve wrecking...

If it wasn't for the fact that half our remaining classmates fled in fear after seeing the millions of demons that slowly marched it's way towards the kingdom.

And to be honest, I don't blame them. Even I wanted to flee as well....

Which I could. But it would result in me being branded as one of the traitors towards the residents of this world.

And seeing how the residents of this world strongly values reputations and trust. 

It would mean that I would be denied of any access to the other kingdoms.

Instead, I would be hunted down by all the residents of this world as letting the power of a "hero" run wild and causing havoc was not a good idea in the slightest.

In a sense, anyone who was branded a traitor would be hunted down without mercy. 

And if you think that the hunting parties would only consist of the spare units from the kingdoms or residents of this world.

You would be wrong...

 As only the most deadly assassins of each kingdoms would dispatch their best assassins after branded traitors.

How do I know this?

Well, it's not like we were informed of our classmates' death by the king and how they were hunted down and bring brutally tortured to death.

Now I admit. I am stronger than your average knights thanks to the goddess's blessing. 

But it doesn't change the fact that there are countless old monsters living in this world that could easily wipe my existence clean.

Plus, I don't even know a fraction of this world's capabilities aside from knowing that it a world of magic and countless monsters that only appears in anime or non-fictions shows.

So yea, my only options were to either fight for my survive against the demons while backed by the residents of this world or be hunted down relentlessly and brutally tortured to death from both side.

Hm....Now that I think about it. What was the saying again?

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" 

Call me a coward if you want. But I rather take my chances in working with my kidnappers than face guarantee death.

But enough of my rambling.....

Their here.

......

.....

...

..

.

The earth rumbled as a rhythmic sound sweep through the kingdom of Ashwell.

Alongside the rumbling of the earth also carried a horrible stench that slowly crawled it's way towards the kingdom.

It was like watching a tsunami of inking blackness making it's way towards the kingdom...

"Prepare the defense line!" One of the high ranking general shouted.

Once spoken. The army soon got into formation just as they had planned before.

The first formation would mainly be tank units alongside a couple of close-combat units to dish out some damage. Their job was to provide cover for the other two formation.