The Broken Oath

"Once the ritual is over, there is no coming back from this. Are you sure you want to do this?" A man draped in black robe questioned.

Across from the man draped in black robe stood a pale looking youth who could easily be mistaken as for a walking corpse.

The skin on the pale looking youth was so pale that one could clearly see the veins running through youth's body. Not only that, the youth's body was so skinny that even the  "malnourished" seemed to do no justice on how skinny the youth's body was.

Although worst of all. The expression on the youth's face was nothing more than a face of stoicism as if nothing was wrong. But when looking at the eyes of the pale looking youth.

One would scream in terror from seeing how empty and dark the eyes of the young youth was.

It was like as if the two small eyes of the young youth was a window staring directly into the abyss...

The pale looking youth stared at the man draped in black robe for a movement before answering, "Yes." 

The man draped in black robe sighed at the response of the pale looking youth. He needed no more answers as anymore questions would just be pointless and wasting both his and the youth's time.

"Understood, please follow me." The man draped in black robe beckon towards the young youth as he walked towards an old ancient tree not too far into the distance.

Along the way, the man draped in black robe asked, "I know that it's pointless asking this. But is there any way for you to reconsider this?" once again the man draped in black robe questioned.

"No." An immediate response from the young youth.

"I see..." The man draped in black robe responded sadly.

The man draped in black robe thought to himself, ' how pitiful, to think that after nine reincarnation. She still hasn't chosen you, even though you were her greatest ally.....or....should I say her true lover? To actually be able to devote yourself to a her even after countless reincarnation is nothing short but a miracle like those told in stories. Although it is a pity that you had to choose her out of every gods or spirit that existed...'

As the two being got close to the ancient tree. They did not noticed that another being was actually trying to catch up to them followed by two other more.

....

...

..

.

"We're here, do you remember words?" The man draped in black robe asked the young youth.

"Yes." The pale young youth responded.

"Good, then let us began. First, grab the dagger and cut off whichever part that binds you to the oath. Second, walk over to the tree and smear that part on the tree. Third, recite the words. After which, you will finally be free from the oath." The man draped in black robe said slowly as to make sure that the pale young youth understood.

With a nod from the pale young youth, the pale youth walked over to the alter which held a dark red looking dagger. 

And with no hesitation, the pale youth pulled out the red looking dagger flawlessly with little to no resistant which brought a look of surprise and pity from the man draped in black robe.

'So you truly have decided to do it....to think that there would be no resistant in pulling out the oath breaker would only mean one thing. The "will" to break an oath and the "will" to accept the consequences that follows...' the man draped in black robe thought to himself before sighing once more.