Chapter 44

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

"Ok! Can we get back to the matter at hand? Please!" I say as I hear Katerina huff then growl as she shakes her head

"Ok! Can we get back to the matter at hand? Please!" I say as I hear Katerina huff then growl as she shakes her head. "If you are her father, where have you been? Why has she not said anything about you to me or to the pack?" I ask as I hear Katerina scoff.

"With one of his whores no doubt!" Katerina says walking past me and into the house. I see the elders shake their heads at her before they follow. I look over at Embry to see him sigh as he shakes his head at me. We all move back inside the house and into the living room.

"Can someone please explain what is going on?" I say more in a demanding tone.

"As you already know, Embry and Katerina are my children. Katerina being my first born, by my imprint and wife Mary. Katerina's mother and I were high school sweethearts and when we both phased, we imprinted on each other. A few years after high school we got married and had Katerina." He says with a sigh as he rubs his face with his hands. I could tell that what was to come was not good and it would hurt not only Katerina but Embry as well. "When Katerina was one I hired Embry's mother to work the front desk at my shop. I started to pull away from my wife/ imprint and my daughter. One thing led into another and I ended up sleeping with Embry's mother. Knocking her up with Embry. I found out too late that she had been slipping me an herb into my coffee everyday. That herb clouds your judgment and messes with the imprint bond, basically destroying it." He says with a sad look to his face as he looks over at Katerina.

"So what, you never loved my mother?" Embry asks, looking really confused.

"No! I didn't, I had no romantic feelings for her at all." He says, looking over at Embry. "I loved my imprint and only her. Your mother was a nice woman but I did not see her that way and she knew that. But she had it in her head that if she gave me you that she would become my wife and live the life she deserved to have. But she didn't know about the pack or how it works with our people. When my family shunned me for getting her pregnant, she realized that she wasn't going to get what she wanted." Chris says with a scoff.

"Then when your mother found out that you could not have my last name and that you as well as her would not receive any benefits from my family and that she would not receive anything from the tribe she freaked out. Went crazy and I mean crazy! Told me that if she didn't get what she wanted then she would make my life a living hell and that you would never know me and that she would make sure that you grow up hating me. As you can see she did that." He says with a scoff as he shakes his head. Embry looks pissed as Katerina shows no emotion whatsoever.

"Why would she do that?" Paul asks, still a little confused as we all were.

"I still to this day don't know. I tried to be a good father to not only Embry but to Katerina as well. I never want to lose my imprint but after she found out that I not only slept with another woman but ended up knocking her up it was over. The day she took Katerina and left it felt like my heart broke and it did. We both were told what would happen if separated from each other. But Mary couldn't see past the betrayal of what I did and didn't want to be near 'the whore and her bastard child'." He says looking down at the ground. I hear Embry growl making Katerina growl back at him.

"I made it so she couldn't go far as I was still Katerina's father and had rights to see her. I had hoped that if she saw that I was not with Cassie, that she would give me another chance. But I soon realized that she refused to give me another chance to hurt her. Six months after our divorce Mary remarried Davis Swan." He says with a scoff. "To say that I was hurt would be an understatement, It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest and then when she came to me and asked me to sign over my rights as Katerina's father I lost it. I told her that I would take Katerina away from her and raise her with her people instead of with the pale faces like her new husband." He says with a laugh.

"Wait? I am so confused!" Seth says, shaking his head.

"I think we all are Seth!" Sam says with a sigh as he looks over at Chris. "The herb that broke your bond? What is it? And how do we get rid of it?" Sam asks with a growl.

"Destroyed! And if any grow back they are burned before they can be used against another wolf. My family has seen to it. They don't want another wolf or imprint to go through what me and Mary went through." Chris says with a nod of his head.

"But we lived with you when I was a baby." Embey says with a scoff.

"Yes you did only because your mother had nowhere to live. Her family disowned her for what she did to me and Mary. She disgraced not only her family but her tribe as well and they refused to have anything to do with you or her for that matter. And your mother slept in a different room than me. I refused to let her sleep in the same room I shared with my wife/ imprint." He says with anger in his voice. I look over at Katerina since she has been really quiet. I watch her glare at her father and roll her eyes.

"Ok so, let me see if we have this correct? Katerina is your daughter and her mother was your wife and imprint?" I ask as Chris nods his head at me. "Embry, is your son and his mother tricked you into sleeping with her and knocking her up?" I say and he nods his head again. I hear Embry sigh as he finally sits down next to Sam and Jared.

"Why would my mother do that? There has to be a reason?" Embry says, looking around at all of us.

"That would be something you would have to ask your mother." Chris says looking over at Embry before he looks over at Katerina.

"Do you think that her and Bella's mom could have been working together? I mean think about it they both went after men with money or their family's have money." Jared says, making us all think that he could be right.

"But neither one got what they wanted. Davis figured out what Renee was up to and made it so that not even Charlie could get his money if he was supporting Bella." Katerina says.

"And my family is leaving everything to Katerina. And everything I have will be split between Katerina and Embry. Nothing is left to Cassie. Hell Embry won't be able to touch it until he is 25 years old." Chris says, shocking both Embry and Katerina.