Chapter 22

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

We have three days to train with the pack before the newborn army comes

We have three days to train with the pack before the newborn army comes. I am not surprised that Victoria created an army to get to Bella. Katerina and I stand with my family as Edward and Bella pull up in Emmett's Jeep. I roll my eyes at them as they walk over to all of us. I pull Katerina a little closer to me as Rosalie and Emmett move closer to us. I heard Katerina giggle as the pack descended from the hill in front of us.

"They don't trust us in their human form." Edward says looking over at Carlisle. I scoff at him. Some of us are trusted. I think knowing Edward would hear me.

"Welcome!..Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them." Carlisle says talking directly to the pack.

"They want to know how the newborns differ from us." Edward says still not looking at the pack. Could you be more rude? They are putting their lives on the line for your pathetic human after all. Edward looks over at me and sighs.

"They are a great deal stronger than us, because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life. I'm sure some of you saw that with Katerina." Carlisle says, stepping back as Jasper steps up. I see Paul, Jared and Sam nod their heads.

"Carlisle's right! That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands, like a human army, but no human army could stand against them. Now the two most important things to remember are first never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. And second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that, and you will lose." Jasper says, stepping back from us. "Emmett" Jasper yells as Emmett Steps up to fight with Jasper. "Don't hold back!" Jasper says with a smug smirk. Katerina and Rosalie laugh at that.

"Not in my nature!" Emmett says with a smug smirk to match Jasper's. We watch as my family fights each other.

"Now... You may or may not know that some of us have gifts. The only one of us that will make a big difference in this fight will be Alexander's gift." Jasper says waving his hand for me to come forward. I watch as Emmett brings out a mannequin and moves away and stands in front of Katerina and Rosalie. "Alexander, show them what you can do!" Jasper says with a chuckle.

I look over to Katerina and smile. Feeling rage build inside of me as my hands glow red. Placing my hand on the mannequin and watching it start to burn before it exploded into dust. I see the pack's eyes go wide.

"And with that... That will be all for today. You are more than welcome to come tomorrow if you'd like." Carlisle says with a small smile. Sam nods his head at him. I walk back to Katerina with a smile.

"Let's get you home so you and our babies can rest." I say giving her a kiss to her head as I place my hands on her belly and smiling at her. We start to walk away when Bella steps in front of us. "What do you want Bella?" I say, annoyed with her.

"I just wanted to say that I am sorry... For all that I have done or said to the two of you." She says with a smug smirk as she steps closer to me. "I really appreciate you doing all this for me Alexander." She says moving her hand to my arm. Before she can touch me I move back.

"I am doing this for the innocent people of Forks and La Push! And to make sure that my mate and children are protected! Not for you!" I say with a snarl as Katerina glares at her.

"What is wrong with you?" Katerina asks, still glaring at Bella. "What do you not get? Alexander doesn't want you!" Katerina says with a hiss, Bella steps back from us. "He is married and has babies on the way, are you really that big of a whore? That you can't understand that he doesn't want you! He will never want you!" Katerina yells at her. I laugh at the look on Bella's face. It's a mix of shock and anger.

"I am not a whore!" Bella screams at Katerina. Katerina and I both laugh at her.

"Are you sure about that? I mean you are with Edward and you are trying to go after his brother right in front of him... And let's not forget about Jacob. Flirting with Jacob right in front of Edward. Sounds like a whore to me!" Katerina says with a smug smirk as Bella gasps at her. "You want all three of them to be with you. Sounds like a whore to me!" Katerina says with disdain in her voice. Edward walks up to us and sighs.

"Come on Bella let's go." He says pulling Bella away from us. I pick up Katerina and carry her bridal style and run us home. As soon as we get home there is a knock on the door. I set her down on the couch and headed to the door. I growl when I see Edward standing there.

"What do you want now?" I ask with annoyance in my voice.

"I wanted to say I am sorry to you and Katerina." He says, rubbing his face and sighing. "After what Katerina said today... It got me thinking." He says starting to pacing. "Bella isn't all about me like Katerina is with you... It makes me wonder if she is really my mate or not." He says sitting down on the front steps. I nod my head and sit down with him.

"I get you wanting someone to love and someone to love you in return. But it is not Bella. If she was really your mate then she would feel that pull to you she would be wanting another man to be with her." I say patting his shoulder, He nods his head.

"What do I do now?" He asks and I know if he could cry he would.

"First we stop this army from killing the innocent people of Forks and La Push. And then you need to follow your heart and do what is best for you, not what is best for Bella." I say looking out into the woods, I hear him sigh before getting up.

"Thank you Alexander." He says before walking away from me.