Chapter 4

Shandrelle | Bothered

I used to enjoy the sight of seeing your own breath's fog escape from your mouth as you let out a word or just let alone breathe. It's fun not until the breeze grew stronger and you have nothing to wrap you up to keep you warm and protect you from the cold.

"Dad, can you hand me the jacket?" damn it! I'm shivering right now.

"Here" he tossed the thick fabric which probably would save me from dying out of coldness right now. God, it's freezing out here!

"What day is today dad?" I hugged and rubbed both ends of my shoulder to provide myself heat.

So much for body heat.

I was standing in front of the taxi while dad was busy loading our luggages in the trunk. God, when will this tour come to an end?

"It's 15th of August, why?" he positioned himself at the back seat of the car.

August, yeah. Why didn't I thought of that? So that explains the frosty streets and bushes all covered with snow flakes of ice, not to mention the kids running around with their cute little earpuffs and giant gloves while they bet on their lives on a snowball fight.

"Figures."

It was my turn to get inside. Mine was on the passenger's seat.

"What? Why?" he asked consecutively.

"It's winter season, that's why it's goddamn cold outside" I really am not fond of icy-cool ambience. Another weakness, I guess. I couldn't withstand that much of cold, either I freeze in place and stop moving like I was a freaking mannequin or I flare up, I turn red like I was a goddamn rotten tomato.

His chuckles from behind thawed me up from my mini trance.

"Bud, just in case you forgot, we are no longer in the Philippines" he chuckles nonstop.

My mouth was half-open, about to talk back to him but the vibration of my phone in my pocket ceased me. When jetlag is taking control all over your body, well you end up just ignoring it. And instead, I prefer to just lay my head on the headrest of the car seat.

Just as I was about to shut my eyes, it does this tingling sensation to my thighs as every beat of the vibration gives an uneasy feeling and is seriously annoying the hell out of me. Damn it!

I sulkingly reached over for my phone and answered it without the slightest bother of looking at the caller's ID.

"What do you want?!" I seriously am in no mood for this. This better be good or I swear I'm gonna kill this son of a b—

"Shan?" -itch.

Oh.

Drag me to hell.

And I mean now!

"Shan? Are you there?" that voice slapped me into reality.

Why now? Out of all the times? Why fucking now?!

"How did you get my number?" my voice came out with the most merciless, emotionless tone.

I'm pretty sure I cut all my ties and connections with her.

"I- uh, it doesn't matter how. Can we talk?" while my voice screamed nothing but ruthlessness, hers bawled lenient. Quite the opposite.

You know it's a desperate call when that line comes up, like in movies. Sheesh, pathetic.

"Is there something worth discussing with?" I can't help but to put on a smirk and my elbow holding out my phone to my ear rested on the boundary where the rear window rolls down, just above the door handle.