Chapter 50

Dr. Joss | 7 years ago (1)

1995.

I was an intern in the field of medicine, specifically a physician's in Australia. A rookie boy who happened to have fallen in love with her colleague that became the woman of my life. Amaris, Amaris Rios was the name she bears. We barely meet because she was assigned to a different hospital but when we do, we seized every moment and that's exactly how my feelings for her grew deeper. I was ready to risk it all even though I lack knowledge about her history. Man up, they say, and so I did. I was ready to confess but little did I know how fate tries to fuck me up. When luck wasn't just on your side, she just had to be married and when the world couldn't be more cruel, I found the news that she already bears a child. I couldn't take it. That can't be. I was devastated. I prayed my soul to the Gods to let me be with her, I begged desperately. And for the first time, luck finally knocks at my door. Her husband died. And that's when I grabbed my shot. I disregard the fact that she was already bearing a child inside her. I don't give a damn about that child. I want her and she needs me, and so I married her.

19th February, 1995.

I found myself staring from the outside of this glass window. I stared at the tiny breaths that escaped from her mouth as her chest slowly rise and fall. After 3 hours of my wife giving birth to a daughter, she passed out and never got the chance to see her child and was immediately transfered here in the nursery room.

I tapped my forefinger against the window as I think about how to set up my plan.

"Poor lady, she didn't even had the chance to see her child" my head snapped at the two girls in a white uniform with their signature hat that resembles their profession which was a nurse.

They were somewhat gossiping and just happened to had that my presence wasn't that far from them that I was able to hear what they're talking about without them noticing that they weren't alone.

"I know. Such a pity that even her husband wasn't on her side when she gave birth. They both have no idea that their child died upon delivery" the taller one whispers.

Oh, so there was also a woman who gave birth at the same time with my wife.

They both stifled when an old woman dressed in lab gown walked past them.

"Hernandez, in my office now."

"Yes Miss" the shorter one nodded.

Miss? Oh okay, she kinda looks like those women who thinks they rule the whole school library with their matching stick to hit you when you're going against the law of 'silence'.

The old women turned her back on them and was then out of their sight.

"Wait, Jezele! Where did they put the dead child?" the shorter one asks whisperedly the taller one.

My mind clicks. Something snapped out of it. I don't know how Lucifer switched on the demon sleeping inside me.

The taller one roamed her eyes- taking precautions if there were other passers by around the area before she spits out her words. As if she was afraid she'll commit a huge sin.

"If I didn't misheard the mother's obstetrician talked earlier, they didn't transfer the child to the morgue yet. They said they would wait for the husband to arrive and for the mother to wake up to inform them about their child justly. They put the child on hold inside the delivery room and prohibited anyone to enter that wasn't involve when the mother had the delivery."