Chapter 44

Nieeh | Home

"I need to tell you something hon."

You know the level of annoyance when someone tells you that they need to tell you something but then takes it back and says nevermind? It fucking makes you want to skin that person and just bury them alive, right?

Bitch, you should've never dare to let me mind something if you're just going to take it back. That's a golden rule for fuck's sake.

Jesus... okay, calm down. Let her finish first. You still haven't heard her side. Let her explain first.

She removed my grip on her stomach and turn to face me. I lifted my chin up to meet my tower's height.

"Come here" she says and I hitched when she lifts my feet off the ground and carried me to sit on the concrete block carried by a corbel.

See? She's now calm, so you should be too.

"Are you okay?" I repeat and locked her hips in between my legs as she stood in front of me- with her hands pinned on the cold tile either side of my legs, supporting her weight as she leans forward to me.

Her warm breath immediately tickled my soft pulse point when she snuggles her face on the crook of my neck.

"49" she mumbles.

I raised my hands up to her back which gave her soft pats while the other escalates to the back of her head and gently strokes her hair.

She's counting a minute to calm her nerves down. She's been doing this for awhile now, and honestly it really works. The wrath inside her settles down after a minute. The drill was usually 2 minutes, but—

"Thank you" there. It cuts down to a whole lot of minute because she told me I took down all the other 60 seconds. She said, having me near her when she's controlling her anger issues is a whole lot of help.

I tightened my hold around her back and I pulled my head back a little just enough to land a kiss on her crown.

"2" that's the signal.

She's near.

"Better poo?"

She recovers into a normal position and faced me.

"Mm, now that you're here. I already am" she half smiles and tucks in the hair blocking my face behind my ear.

"Why weren't you before I came?" I cupped her face with my palms and caress her cheeks with my thumb and just admire every detail she has.

She with her lovely, half hazy eyes and small freckles on her face. I take back what I said about her, she ain't perfect. She's perfectly imperfect.

She sighs before she composes her reply.

"Dad called. He said, Cjay wants me back at Australia to discuss about something" her minty breath welcomed my lips and if only the words that came out from her mouth didn't alarmed my brain cells, I would've already took her lips in a passionate kiss.

I paused at her words.

I remember Cjay was the nurse in-charge of her mother. And according to her story, he was the one who helped them on finding her mother's real cause of death.

"Really? When?" this question sucks. We only got to spend time together for a few months and she has to go back there.

"After Christmas."

What?! It's only a month away.

"That fast?!" okay, my voice went out a bit loud.

"I know. But atleast I get to spend Christmas with you" she comforts and gently pinched my cheek.