Chapter 81 - Part 1

Shandrelle

It's hard to wait for something you know might not happen. But it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything you want.

"The heart is such a disastrous work of art... "

Ruby Claire

There's a corner of my heart that is yours. And I don't mean for now, or until I've found somebody else... I mean forever. I mean to say that whether I fall in love a thousand times over or once or never again, there'll always be a small quiet place in my heart that belongs only to you.

"You fall in and out of love with the World... "

Both

"And you still call it real."

2 years later.

Heart pounding.

Louder and louder.

Breathing grew heavy.

Heavier and heavier.

Everything went silent.

All that's resounding was the deep and hollow breaths that I blow out.

The silence echoes around the area. Bullets of sweat, stinky jerseys, mascots lined up, everyone wearing its team's cap, banners waving within each bleachers, stick balloons wiggling, huge inflatable airship balloons up in the air, trumpets at ease, drums, as well. Everyone stops. Froze and stood still. Each exchanging glances at the huge monitor blinking its vibrant red light twitch for every countdown.

Focused under.

Eyes fixed on their team's opponent.

Some wishes the enemy to loose and some aims for victory.

Last glance at the LED monitor and I'm down below.

There she is.

There he is.

Everything slows down. As if someone pushed the button to its slow pace.

I traced every movement from the moment she bends her arms and left knuckle turned white as she clutch hard on the grip. Her spare hand pulls out the shaft from her quiver behind her back and the string vibrates as she centers the shaft. She raises her elbows and buckles in position to aim for her target.

The water trickles. It kept dripping down from head to toe. The skin-tight garment stretches as he slip it in his head. The goggles buckles in as he ties its end strings around the back of his head. He bends his body into a 45 degree angle. Feet are close together and toes flex over the front edge of the blocks. Hands grip the blocks in front of the toes.

Everyone was close to having a nervous breakdown. The moment she, he launches would probably the spectators death... and I'm no exception on that.

She breathes hard and slow.

He stiffens his body.

She swallows thick and sharp.

He sharpens his focus on the lane.

She stood firmly.

He positions firmly.

She kept at ease.

He kept a straight pace.

She holds it steady.