Chapter 56

Shandrelle | The call

"I can't lose you! I... I c- can't. I d- don't think I can take it" I can't believe that I can't feel my own cheeks. It went numb after receiving four? Eight— no, ten blows alternately on my left and right jaw.

I could taste the metallic iron savory of my blood from my cut lip and my teeth stained red of how much severe it was because of the wound.

"You won't poo. You won't lose me" I struggle to force my eyes to open because of the bruise almost took over to cover my eyes just to see the love of my life.

"Hon, I—" bang!

I squeezed my eyes shut as the loud piercing struck my ears. It was so close that it made me deaf. All I hear was a straight beeping sound, like how a flatline in an ECG monitor sounds like. So close that it felt like I was suffering a tinnitus and it's fucking painful.

"P- poo... " and that's when I opened my sight.

Half-eyed vision but it was all clear. My heart sank and my chest was being squeezed tighter and tighter as I breathe. My throat was dry as if it suffered drought season. My taste buds suddenly malfunctioned, my salivary glands shut down, producing no saliva gliding down my throat, air replaces it and it's strangling me, choking me. I can't breathe.

Blood.

"H- hon... "

I see blood.

Fucking hell!

I...

If this is a nightmare, fucking wake me the fuck up!

Now!

"Poo, hey" huh? Why does it sound so—

"Poo" normal?

"Hey, baby wake up" so calm?

"Poo."

"Hey, I'm here" that's when I knew it was real.

She was real.

Her warmth heated my cheeks as she caress it with her palms and her thumb wiped my lower eyelid—

"Sshh, don't cry" and that's when I noticed my lacrimal glands broke as tears kept falling from the corner of my eyes.

"It's okay, it was just a bad dream. You're good now."

I collapsed. I knew she was my shelter, my sanctuary, my refuge, my peace, my calm, my rest, my home.

She passes her arms over my shoulder and pulls me in a tight embrace. An embrace which you wouldn't want to break free. My face buried in her weak pulse point on her neck. And there I was, lost again in her scent. I don't know what type of scent she has that it managed to calm my nerves down, like she always do and my body recognizes her warmth that it automatically relaxed in her arms.

"H- hon" I broke the hug and let her palms support the weight of my chin.

"You okay baby?"

With her voice, I was calm again.

"You're here, I am" I rested my forehead against hers and her hands on my cheeks dropped and rest on my shoulders.

"Little RJ swoop all your energy, I see" she nudges her nose on mine.

Now that she mentioned it, that little demon made me run around the whole house for the entire day, chasing me with her creepy Annabelle tagging along.

"Little devil, you mean" I earned a chuckle.

That mini Satan did all those stuffs that pleased her and suffered me. She used all the tissue paper and—