Chapter 53

Nieeh | Family

Happy.

For the first time, I feel... happy. Like genuinely happy, I feel light-weighted and giddy at the same time. Or one better way to describe all these fondness was contentment.

Australia was a place to fulfill your fantasies. Come on, it's filled with natural wonders, wide-open spaces such as beaches and deserts. It's a one hit wonder, if I must say.

"Dad, I swear to God if you don't stop doing that, I'll seriously forget that I came from you and just murder you!" Shandrelle clutches hard onto the soft cushion in her hands and charging to throw it to the poor old man.

It's been a week, and other than these two bickering non-stop ever since we arrived here- Shandrelle's home, well, everything was perfect and... chaotic.

"I want you to meet Nieeh."

Oh, shit. All eyes were on me.

And for the first time in history of the badass Kim, I felt nervous, I felt anxious, fearful, worried, restless as I try to read the two pair of eyes looking right through my soul. And there's no doubt where Shandrelle had her droopy hazy eyes, it runs in their blood. Except that only Shandrelle's were half-lidded while theirs were the opposite.

"Dad, she's your future daughter-in-law" the grey old man with few wrinkles painted on his forehead stretched his eyes opened as if he saw a living dead standing on his doorstep.

Shit. This is bad.

"And Driel, she's your future sister-in-law" the dude in his mid-teenage era dropped his jaw on the floor and his pair of white teeth shining when it became visible as he parted his lips.

Another shit. Way too fucking bad.

I never once been introduced to particular people, much less a family. Even more when it's the family of my future wife.

"Mercy Shandrelle! Jesus Christ!" the old man whom Shandrelle claimed her father earlier threw his hands above his head and I fidgeted when he shots it on my shoulders.

Oh, my God. Is this it? Don't they want me? Do they hate me? For their daughter? Do they want a man for their princess? Are they disappointed that their daughter brought home a woman to introduced as her fiancé and not a man?

This is hell. And there I thought, that the company I worked on was the complete definition of hell, but this, this is shit. There's nothing worse than being rejected by the family of the love of your li

"Welcome to the family, sweetheart!" Shandrelle was pushed aside, like literally as her father shoved her shoulders to give them space to

"Oh my God, you're one lucky asshole! How'd you find this stunning and gorgeous as hell woman you moron? Hi, Liandriel, unfortunately your fiancé's charming brother" the guy who was standing behind the old man earlier scooches over and offered his hand for me to shake.

"Jesus you two! You don't have to disown me as your daughter and sister!" Shandrelle brushed off the imaginary dust on her clothes where her father landed his hands to shoo her away.

"Sweetie, what did my daugther make you eat to accept her proposal?" the few wrinkles on the corner of his eyes appeared when he scrunches his eyes and enacted like he was hurt or something as he wiped his invisible tears on his eyelids and fanned himself with his hands.

Damn, this family was indeed awarded with best drama of the year.

"Dad! What kind of question is that?!" Shandrelle butted in.