Chapter 27

Nieeh | X

Walking through a pit of boiling lava best describes the runway of this company. Or I would rather much prefer to call it- hell.

Only the clicking of my heels were to be heard as I step foot on the fires of hell. The clicking stops and replaced by few taps of my right foot as the sole of my heel come in contact with the floor.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

Ding! The elevator chimes and the taps from my heel stopped.

Ahh, the gates to the underworld opens.

As the red arrow moves upward, so does my anxiety elevates. I almost crumpled the piece of paper in my hand.

"You got this" I cheered myself as the elevator slid open.

It takes 10 steps to reach the director's office desk from my post.

10. Click.

9. Again the clicking of my heels replaced the silence of the hallway.

5. Click.

3. Click.

Breathe.

I heaved a sigh- a very deep sigh.

1. Click.

Okay, here goes.

I distributed a few knocks and not long after, a woman dressed in a uniform opened the door and gestured me to come in. She was one of those old maiden who supervises the school's hallway with a stick in her hand as she roams her eyes searching for a student that would make a wrong move and would drag straight to detention.

"He is waiting for your presence, you should head inside" the secretary welcomed me.

I nodded in agreement and proceeded to the director's office. I gave three faint knocks and it was immediately followed by a 'come in'.

I was greeted by his back turned against me while talking with someone on the phone. He spins his heel and gestures his index finger to hold me up for a sec as he finishes his call.

I nodded in understanding.

"Alright. I'll get a hold on that. Do call me if problems arise" he nods before he dropped the call.

"Ms. Kim, good to see you. Stunning as always" he acknowledged as he took a seat on his chair.

"Likewise sir. Remarkable as well" I bowed in courtesy.

He fixes his fringe and adjusted his necktie before slumping down his elbows on the top of his desk.

"Glad you accepted my request" the grey old man said delightfully.

I straightened up and nervously pulled my clothes and tried to fix my composure.

"The pleasure is mine Mr. Lee" I flashed a smile.

Mr. Lee has been the director of this company. If my memory lane is still fresh, he served this company for about 10 years upto now. Which explains the few wrinkles on his forehead and the sag layers on his cheeks. Despite his age, he runs the company very well. The company tops in every country he runs, nationwide.

"To what do I owe you sir?" I'm sure the news already reached him about me quitting.

Which is why I accepted his request to meet him to have a proper etiquette on leaving this company for good.