Chapter 80

Shandrelle | Blue

"Dude, pass me the chopsticks, will you?"

"Why do people love to complicate things when there is always the easier way out?... here."

People like to complicate things.

Why use a chopstick and get your hands squished by its stick when you can use a fork? That way, you won't have to deal with pain.

"Why are you making such a big fuss about an innocent chopstick?"

Why use a can opener and waste time when it's already labeled as easy-open?

"Try turning it upside down the next time you'll be in-charge of the canned goods. Dumbass" Kim blabbers to Venus when the girl notices only, the can's lid with an easy open hook at the bottom.

Why puncture the straw to a box of milk's butthole when there's already its intended hole on its upper corner?

"Great, now it won't stand still" Lareen grumbles.

"Brilliant" Venus teases.

Night out. Having these morons at my place was totally a bad idea.

"Hey, we have the beers, y'all know what's missing?" Venus cockily asks as she wiggles her brows and that Bruno Mars' uptown funk beat she does on her shoulders.

"Chicken wing! Chicken wing!" Kim starts humming.

"Hotdog and baloney!" Lareen, too.

Oh, God.

"Chicken and macaroni!" Venus jives and shoots me a gun finger to finish their song association game.

Oh, hell no.

"No."

Certainly, wasn't in the mood.

"Oh, come on. You're being a dickhead" Kim scowls.

"Way better than you are, doofus" of course, if only I had.

"See, that's why you get to have all the chicks" he clicks his tongue in agreement.

"But still ended up alone" he adds with a mocking chuckle and realizes he went way overboard when I threw him a glare that made him drop his face.

"Hey, you two, knock it off. Forget about that damn song. Set your orders so I can phone through" Venus crashes in, trying to ward off the upcoming war and so she reaches for the telephone near the table and started clicking the buttons of keys on the dial pad.

"Kim?"

"Sriracha on the menu."

"Lareen?"

"I'm allergic to spice, so I'll go with honey garlic, please."

"Wasn't actually asking for your opinion on spices but lovely choice honey" Venus sardonically sneers.

"Don't play the B word on me" course, Lareen wouldn't just back off that easy.

She could be the sweetest of the sweetest girl to a fucking badass bitch, real quick.

Ugh, I got myself a bunch of very nice friends, don't I?

"And... Shandrelle?" I caught her gaze at me and throws me the waiting face-look as she waits for my go signal.

I actually wasn't in for the chicken but I wouldn't want to be the asshole here, so—

"Orange-glazed seems good" I guess.

"Cool. You want to add in a little heat?"

"No. You can't, not on my watch Alexxis."