Chapter 79

Ruby Claire | Skittles

"Any plans in the future?"

Future. A later time. Moving on. Forward.

Everything changes, from then and now. Everything slips and falls. Ups and downs. Fixes and breaks. Stitches and burns. Constant changes, time to time. Season by season. Regularly. On a day to day basis.

With just a millisecond, a lot of things can happen. Lawns wither, leaves fall, flowers bloom. Irons rust, woods antique, pets' fur shed. People outgrew, faith stronger, emotions braver, stances valiant.

All heading towards one goal.

The future.

All that is, something to look forward to.

Facing of what's been waiting ahead of us.

"Wake up next to you" she says dearly with a profound smile staring back at me.

A family.

Someone who wakes up everyday and knows you are the adventure they want to live for the rest of their days.

Not from afar, I catched a glimpse of an image of how a father carries his child behind his back, sharing together a joyful moment while laughing to their death with her wife who's chasing after them with a hand towel on her hand and when she finally caught her two fugitives, she carefully wipes off the bullets of sweat on her husband's and son's forehead. As the wife was done with her duty, the husband pulls out a wig from his pocket and wore it on his head and so does the child follows, grabbing something from his mini backpack and wore it just like his father's. The wife shed her tears and places her palms on her chest as it squeezes. The husband grabs the hem of the woman's scarf wrapped on her head to then revealed a brave woman fighting to be a warrior against cancer. The husband pulls another from his pocket the same old wig and puts it on to his wife with a loving smile drawn on his face, all because of seeing his perfectly imperfect partner right before his eyes.

I water you. You water me. We grow together.

And that's when it hit me that the person sitting next to me is my 'acceptance of an imperfect partner.'

Shandrelle.

"Could be us" I say as I contemplated with the sight of wonder in front of us.

"Would be us" she replies tenderly.

I miss you everyday.

The hallway is empty. It was almost midnight which explains the scenery to be scary. It's peace and quiet and I feel like any second, a creepy song would echo the hall when Ruby Lane comes walking in with her heels ticking the tile as the knife in her hand screeches against the wall. Hunting down and lures you in with her charming voice for you to be her next victim to jab and slit your throat. Though Ruby Lane is a sexy chic, but you wouldn't really want to mess with her. Oh, she's hot but a psycho.

I looked like a ninja hiding at a distance where I hid myself inside a locker... I don't know, I think this is the janitor's storage room when I almost had a heart attack when I felt someone poked behind me, only to find out that it was a mop that fell on my back. Geez. I kept peeking on the locker's blinds and finally I could hear footsteps getting nearer and her voice after some time.

It's getting closer...

Louder...

Nearer...

The knob twisted and everything went on 16x speed. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside and pinned her on the wall.

"What the fu— hon?" she drops her word when her eyes shocked and mouth dropped to the floor.