Chapter 11

Nieeh | Serum

"Don't you have any concept, other than this? And by other, better?" and just like how you throw your square-shaped cap with a tied knot pinned on its top, leaving its body and bristles dangling, just like that, the pile of papers flew up in mid air like how a mortarboard hat that got thrown up after celebrating a special ceremony in academe. One of the happiest days in a student's life.

Graduation day.

I pushed my tongue on the inside walls of my cheek and rolled my eyes.

"It's not better. It's the best" I am so sick of this fuckin' manager nagging all the time. This isn't the first time he treated my work as junk. In fact, it's always been like this for the last 7 years.

How the hell did I even put up with him for that long?

Right, if it ain't for our director who clearly is the only one that sees my potential and competence, which is the only thing that stops him from terminating me, I probably would've left this hellish company.

I am so tired of this bullshit.

"You call that best?" he pointed at the papers that were now scattered on the floor.

I so damn worked my ass off that design. All those sleepless nights and cups of coffee my body intook, and this is how he pays me?

"What do you prefer to call it then?" I arched my right eyebrow, increasing the tension between us.

Backing up isn't in my dictionary.

"Trash. Fu-cking trash!" he emphasized well his curse.

Oh is it? Look who's talking?

"One way to describe yourself" I flicker a smirk.

Trust me, you do not want to mess with me.

"You watch your mouth or I'll fir—"

"Fire me?" oh the audacity of this suckerfish. This prick doesn't scare me.

Nothing does.

No one does.

He stiffened, reality slapped him when he realize that he was in no position to finish what he has to say. He heaved a sigh, right after. Probably to repudiate his anger.

"Go back to work. I don't want to deal with this nonsense" he voiced out with not a single ounce of emotion.

Nonsense? Oh I'll let you taste nonsense.

"You should've thought of that earlier" I faced him with my back and walked towards the door.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!" I continued my steps, completely ignoring him.

This is the last straw.

"Go fuck yourself to hell" I pointed my middle finger up from behind.

7 years is already enough.

"Kim!"

I've had it.

"I quit."

"Slow down Kim, I don't want to drag another crazy ass drunk bitch on the street tonight" she whined as soon as I push all the cocktail in one gulp.