Chapter 38

Levi | Answers

How can one happy family break into pieces and comes crashing down all at once?

How can one father abandon his wife and daughter- his family?

Why does a death certificate be found on our family portrait?

Why does the person entitled to it be someone I get to see everyday and get to live with?

But what's seriously making me lose my mind is how can someone issue a death certificate to a person who's breathing absolutely fine?

This is seriously messing up my head.

Answers. I need answers.

I calmed myself as to not crease the paper I had in my hand.

The noise the elevator provides irk my ears as it stopped on the floor I needed to be in. A loud and heavy thud marks my chest with every step I take towards the gates of I hope would put an end to my ceaseless mind-blowing head.

"L- levi? W- what are you doing here?" he turned pale as soon as he saw me, as if the 7 demons appeared right in front of his face.

"Where is my father?" my tone must've scared him to death when he gripped on my wrist and pulled me away from their station.

So much for Busan, I lied. Well, half lied. I did took a week off as I've told those two bitches but it wasn't because I just needed a break but it was much more than that. Busan was a great escape- excuse to stop them from intriguing and dodging me questions I don't have answers about. And seeing Shandrelle in the same house creeps the hell out of me. I can't just tell them I saw a death certificate given to someone who is alive and breathing normally and is living in the same roof as ours. They would probably pass out, just by hearing the thought, especially Nieeh- which clearly has developed deep feelings towards the woman. I can't stand to see them fall apart. I need to put a stop to this. I need to find answers as soon as possible.

"I... I really don't know Lev" he scratched his nape and sticks his eyes on the floor as if my face was printed on it.

"I don't have any time to spare with your silly games Andrei. Just tell me where the hell is my father?" I'm pretty sure my voice came out irritated by now.

"Lev... I—"

"Just what the fuck is this?!" I lifted the paper over his shoulder.

"Wha—"

"You better have a good explanation for this!" he gasped as I hit the paper on his chest.

"I want answers Andrei. I don't have time for fucking lies" if my father couldn't give me then I know he will.

He has been my father's companion for the last 7 years. He's been hitting on me but I paid no attention to it because, you all know that I'm gay. I hate dickheads. So, anyway, he gets to see and be with my father 24/7 since then, he probably has more knowledge about him rather than us.

"W- whe... where did you find this?" his breath hitched and eyes dawned at me.

Bingo. I knew it.

"It doesn't matter where I found it. I've had enough of this bullshit! I need answers Andrei! If you can't tell me where my father is, then give me answers!" my voice echoed the hallway of this hospital.

"Lev, calm down" he looked around to see if someone was around that might've eavesdrop.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down! This is a serious call and you ask me to calm down?!" I am getting pissed.