Chapter 70

Nieeh | I love you

The dark and gloomy eerie greeted me as expected, the moment my foot entered the room.

My eyes narrowed as soon as it caught a glimpse of something near the kitchen area. With the help of the moonlight gleaming from outside as it hit the windows, my brain distinguishes a silhouette of a person crouching on the floor facing its back against me.

Who might this be and what is it doing this late at hour?

"Who's the big guy? Huh? You are? Oh, yes you are you bwig fluffwy hwairy crweature wib your hwuge earsy and wetty snwouty and mwesmwerizing eyesy."

Of course, that voice only owns—

"Shandrelle? Are you talking to the dog?" I lousily approached her with my body feeling weak and exhausted.

"C- claire" she wobbly stood up and almost tipped over if it wasn't for Kõsai who made a tiny squeak after forcing its body to be strong enough to withstand against Shandrelle's weight and to save her fur mother from falling over and hitting her head on the floor.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be already in bed?"

"You possibly wouldn't think that I could, when you left me worried sick when you're out late with not a single message coming from you that you'd be out in the streets wandering off or doing some wei- other stuffs" it came out as tedious as it seems with her body fighting the urge to desperately just let it get the rest that she needs.

"I came from the company."

"Really? So you just had to be there for atleast 7 hours?" she slowly walked towards me and I was in my right mind and I couldn't be wrong when the first thing my nose inhaled was her scent.

"Are you drunk?" she reeks alcohol. Jesus.

"A bit, I guess?" she shrugs with a bit of mockery.

"Why are you even drinking at 2:30 in the morning?"

"Why did you just got home at 2:30 in the morning?"

Forget this, I'm not picking up a fight at exactly 2:30 AM. She's drunk, everything will slip right out of our hands.

"I'm not having this conversation with you unless you're in your right sane" I walk past through her and just decided to end this nonsense before things would go all the way around.

"Claire, I'm not that drunk" she halts me with her dark voice.

"Explain it to the bottle of whiskey there, on the top table" there it was, with a lowball glass left with half of the liquor.

"I said a bit, I never said I wasn't."

"Doesn't make it any less true."

"Doesn't make it any less irrational."

She clearly wasn't having it.

"No point in lying" I shook my head in disgrace and shrugged.

The soft giggles I used to adore chiming in my ears whenever she does it made a sudden shift. It turned out to be a form of a mock when she chuckles in a strange kind of way as she slowly approaches the kitchen table and sat back into the one where she had her drink. 

The glint coming from the moon as it passes through the windows was against her, making it a much darker feature in her spot. And the only thing that was hitting the spotlight was her fingers constantly fiddling through the rocks glass.

"You're out of your mind" I have to put a stop to this, and so I took a few steps just enough to reach her and carry off the alcohol before she finds herself drowning in intoxication.