Chapter 76

Ruby Claire | Shandrelle

I see yellow.

"Hey, you're good. I'm here now" my yellow.

"Poo" the tears kept streaming down.

"Sshh. Everything will be okay."

I see white.

"Claire!"

Why does she always have to be a fucking dream?

"Are you okay?" she asks worriedly.

I was a minute ago—

"Not until you woke me up" I groaned as I felt my body tremble weakly.

"I didn't. You were crying in your sleep, only then I called out your name" she helps me up and let me lean on the headboard mattress behind me.

It's only when I get to see her in my dreams.

"It's her."

"It's always been her, Lev."

Always have, ever since and always will be for a lifetime.

"Are you feeling okay?"

If it's subject to emotion, I'm not, obviously. Literally—

"What happened?" as soon as the pain started to grow in my abdomen area. It spikes with each movement I make that I could barely move an inch.

My nerves started to send signals on my brain to release adrenaline for my heartbeat to pump faster on my chest as soon as I saw the white bandage wrapped all over my stomach. Fear started to rise up as things come running through my mind about certain possibilities.

"Don't move. You've just came out of surgery."

Surgery? Just what the hell happened?

"What?" I was just having a good old sleep 'til a scorching pain woke me up in the middle of the night and there comes Levi getting alarmed and the pain, it continued to strike, it hurt like hell, way worse than hell 'til I couldn't take it anymore and—

"Fuck Claire, you're bleeding!"

"Lev! The baby! The baby's fine, right?"

She avoids my gaze. No!

She swallows a lump. Hell no!

She glances down and back up at me. Fucking no!

I knew where this is heading.

"Claire, we lost the baby. I'm sorry."

My world stops turning. The wheel stops and popped like a balloon when something sharp pricks it. It pierces right through, penetrating inside.

"We lost the baby."

It scorches its way in. Forcefully.

"We lost the baby."

It repeats. Over and over again.

"We lost the baby."

It's the needle. That is. That phrase. It's expanding its size as it stretches itself all the way in to create a hole in my chest.

It stings. A powerful sting that's a lot worse than a bee does.

It burns. An unbearable flame that's a lot worse than an acid rising against your esophagus.

It kills. A euthanasia that kills silently with a lethal injection to end one's life.

Mercy. Fucking mercy.