Chapter 14

Shandrelle | Long haul

Nieeh.

Even her name seems surreal.

But Claire.

Seems to be much more.

I was held captivated.

The way her body was so perfect like it's as if sculpted by the Gods and demons.

Her scent that invaded my nostrils that craved for it and how my soul devastatedly left my body when she backed away.

Something about her that draws me in. Pulling me that I, myself refuse to walk away.

Was I in a spell?

Bewitched, I am.

Can I cast out?

Do I want to cast out?

She was even more divine. Her exquisite beauty captured my soul.

An epitome of beauty- somewhat.

Ethereal.

"You know each other?"

"You've met?"

These train of thoughts that ran wildly from my head were cut in. I didn't even noticed that I was already drowning from it. Just the mere gaze when our eyes interlocked turned my world upside down. As if I was being swooped by a black hole, hypnotized, I could barely move. 

And before I completely find myself lost into those hazy eyes, I quickly pulled out my attention and drew them away from her.

Should I say yes?

"Ye—"

"NO!" she cut me off.

We all bolted our heads on her. While the two people beside me carved a wrinkle on the bridge of their nose as they look at the latter, I, on the other hand, studied her reaction to which I concluded how her face screamed nothing but shame. Can't she be at any more obvious?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

"Uh, whatever she said" I snapped back at the other two who were obviously unconvinced.

"Okay" but just decided to play along.

"Have a seat" Minávonne, who she named herself, the woman with a carved dimple on her right cheek became visible in sight. She pulled the empty chair and gestured me to sit down.

"What can I get you honey?" the pet name made her flash her upper jaw central incisor tooth, slightly twisted, overlapping the other.

To others, they see it as a dental problem and should be taken care of but to me, I would rather oppose.

I find it cute.

I don't know, it just seems to be her asset. I guess.

Can't you get any weirder?

What? That's how I see it.

I might want to book a room in a mental hospital.

Hey, I'm not a lunatic! Geez these two!

Atleast, not yet.

What? No!

Soon honey, soon.

Will the both of you just shut up? 

"Coffee, perhaps?" she must've noticed my mental battle.

"It's really not necess—" she already left before I could even give an answer.