Chapter 28

Nieeh | Reverse card

Funny how the universe could make your life like a living hell.

One minute you had the best day of your life and then the next minute, it all comes crashing down- like suddenly the whole world just turned upside down.

"I'm really looking forward with your performance Ms. Kim" he disgustingly grinned.

If it weren't for his step father that treated me like his own daughter, I would've break this douchebag's fucking face.

"I hope you two will get along just fine" Mr. Lee grabbed his coat and dressed himself with it.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have another business to attend to. And Jon, take good care of Ms. Kim" his father gave his will to this scumbag.

"Of course dad. Ms. Kim is in good hands" he draped his arms around my shoulder.

"Fucking bastar— ah! Shit!" I hissed as the pain struck my feet as I kicked on the elevator door.

Even the elevator's sound pisses me off. As soon as the doors opened, I left loud thuds on the floor and went directly to the lounge only to find empty chairs.

What the fuck?! Where the hell did that woman run off to? Again!

I pulled out my phone on my pocket coat to give her a call and—

"Fuck! Why didn't I get her number?!" I forgot I only gave her mine. Ugh!

Everything is pissing me off right now. I sulkingly dropped my phone back to my pocket and stomp my way to the building's entrance.

"I'm gonna choke that woman to death! I can't even leave her for a minute without her going missing! Damn it!" I am already drawing in people's attention.

Fucking loudmouths. The hell I care.

I found myself near outside.

"I swear to God, Shandrelle I'm gonna ki—" there! There she is!

Just what on earth is she upto that she had to be on her knees, palms pinned the rough road and peeking into that—

Seriously?! A manhole?!

I barge into her but got nailed on the ground halfway when she— oh my God!

Did she just stick out her hand and half of her body in there?! What the hell is wrong with this woman?!

"This jer—" oh wait.

She now pulled out her body and I narrowed my eyes as I try to focus my vision when her right hand caught my eye.

What in the world?

I fought the blurriness of my eyesight to perfectly see what she is now carrying in her hand. I struggled to see a white yet with black spots painted on it and it's—

"Ugh" I refocused my vision.

It's... it's moving?!

What is that? Is that a tai— oh it's... it's—

"A puppy?" I was surprised when she carried it to a bench near them.

I just stood from where I was and watched her every move. She placed the puppy on the bench and pulled out something in her back pocket. She pulled out a handkerchief and used it to wipe off the black spots which I noticed earlier on the puppy- probably the dirt from the sewage.

My heart melts up, like as if I was sitting next to a fireplace, all warmed up and cozy because of how the furnace tries to fight the coldness from the cold winter outside. It's warm. She warms up my heart in the most possible way she could.