Chapter 5

Shandrelle | Odd

People walking past through each other. Men and women in white uniforms, stethoscopes dangling either side of their shoulders- walking, running, sprinting inside out. Ambulance sirens, workers rushing out to carry the stretcher inside the emergency room. Kids crying out loud as their tiny little heels screeched the floor rebelling their parents as they drag them towards the establishment.

And the ambience that surrounds.

The smell.

Several mixtures.

Blood. Present.

Urine. Present.

Feces. Present.

Vomit. Present.

Tears. Present.

I hate these smell. Not pleasant at all.

But it gives a sense of pain and pleasure.

Happiness and sadness.

Life and death.

"You really weren't joking when you said this was the largest hospital here" I was greeted with the cold breeze as it brushes my skin after rolling down the rear window and had a full view outside.

The sudden quiver you get after finishing that last drop of your urine, was the exact same feeling I got as the cold slaps my face after stepping a foot outside the car.

"You sound like you didn't grew up here" again with his numerable laughters. He sounded like a sheep that just got freed from its leash and the shepherd let him run around in their barn.

The hospital has really gotten into a much more upgraded version. It's huge. It's massive. My mouth perfectly formed an "O" while my gaze fixed at this enormous building standing in front of us.

"And you sound like a hospital is just like some sort of park that you probably would just wander around when you want to?" nah ah I ain't losing this time.

"And besides, never have I ever turn a hospital into some kind of mall that I would just go shopping all day. Unless otherwise I was the one being confined" I added as I tighten my fists into balls and dug it inside my pockets to somehow resist the cold.

"You forgot your mother."

No, I just don't quite seem to remember every single detail of the hospital back then, right?

And I'm not planning to.

"I was what? An 18 year old couldn't possibly recall every single detail back then. I was naive, traumatized, do you actually expect me to occupy all that in my head?"

And I don't have any plans on keeping that memory and letting it run around messing up my head over and over again.

"Well, fair enough" he tugged down the corner of his lip and shook his head.

"Let's just head inside" before this topic gets out of hand again.

The bottom of my hips suddenly felt a tingling sensation. And nope, it's not that kind of a tingling sensation. I am innocent.

Ugh, remind me again why I still hadn't muted my phone?

Ah maybe because if it's a life or death call, you probably wouldn't have the slightest idea and then regret it all in the end if you haven't done anything about it?

Damn, here they go again. Stupid subconscious!

Or.

You and your stupid lazy ass just can't do it.