Chapter 74

Ruby Claire | I see black

"You came back."

"Because of you."

"I don't know why, but everytime I look into your eyes. I see a thousand falling shooting stars... "

That voice.

"... and yes, I love you."

That melody.

"I can't believe that every night you're by my side."

Shandrelle. She came back.

My vision clears as I slowly stretched my eyes open and all I could see was the love of my life, staring lovingly at me with those pensive eyes that always lets my soul drown in the deepest depths of the sea. Sparkling, like a firework lit up on the 4th of July, everytime she interlocks mine. Her delicate touch as she brushes my hair as if there were foreign objects that got stuck in each strands. And she was that patient enough that she had to get rid of it one by one.

"Promise I'll stay here 'til the morning and pick you up when you're falling."

I was then again lost with every movement of her lips as she continues to hum a song. She was singing to me as I lie in a hospital bed with her by my side.

"When the rain gets rough, when you've had enough, I'll just sweep you off your feet and fix you with my love... " she smiles as soon as she notices how I melt in front of her with her lullaby.

"My only one" she finishes it off with a kiss on my forehead.

"Great song" cracked up and hoarse voice followed by a numerical chuckle was what came out from me.

"For a great person as you are" she smiles benevolently without removing her eye contact.

God, how I missed her. Everything about her.

"You came back" I thought she'd never be.

"You, came back" my heart thaws as I felt her warmth wrapped my hand with hers, gentle and tight, equal amount of love and fright.

She came back.

Ma. Ruby Claire Kim relives.

"Claire" wait, what?

"Hey, wake up" wake up?

But I am.

"Claire" am I?

As my eyelids came to open, I was greeted by a woman in white giving her warmest smile at me as she leans down a little to inch a gap.

"Shandrelle?" my vision readjusts as my brain fights the urge to ran back on my memory lane.

"Kate, miss. It's Kate and I'm here to deliver your scheduled pill."

Just then I thought it was all real. She, was real. And not just some silly old dream. Again.

Fuck it.

"I'm sorry, she's just going through a lot of stuffs right now" Levi. I see my sister on the other side supporting my back with her arm.

"Worry nothing about it. Pregnant women often times go through rough times during their gestational periods."

Sick. It gets me sick everytime I think about it. In three weeks time, I was in my most fragile period and on my most crucial trimester.

I vomited non-stop, disgusted by awful smells of specific foods, sensitive with everything that includes my emotion. It takes over me, it has full house control over my sane. I puked every goddamn morning when I wake up. I would puke to death but what's adding fuel to the fire was when nothing comes out. I hated the smell of bananas that Levi usually pairs up with her cereal to break her fasting after every night. I even threw up just by the flower's scent on my bedside table. I get too emotional more often.