Chapter 68

Nieeh | The proposal

"Just where the hell are you?" Minávonne's ugly voice never gets old. Ugh.

Aside from the static that's coming from my phone, the clicking of my heels as I take steps forward, were the only thing that irks my ears.

"Dropping by at the company" lie.

"Again?"

"The old man called for me" another lie.

"At this hour?"

"Needed some documents to pile up" lies, lies, lies.

Oh God, I can't continue going on like this. I ain't ever been good at lying, ass just got lucky for speaking through the phone while I continue to spare some lies without having that obvious shit written all over my face.

"You do know that your wife is set to be discharge today, right?"

The love of my life, of course.

"I'm well aware of that" I slowed down my pace when I reached the entrance of the building.

"So? Why isn't your ass here with her instead of me?"

For some reason why I can't risk my sister's reputation and my fiancé's life. I need to take care of this bullshit once and for all.

I made a quick glance at my wrist and the bigger hand was down to its last 7 minutes before it hits pass 11.

I'm running out of time. I need to get there fast.

"Listen Min, I'll phone you right after. For now, take care of Shandrelle for me. Thanks. I'm hanging up."

I didn't gave her the chance to petition against me when I already dropped the call.

"What a lovely evening for a lovely lady. What an honor to have you as a guest at 9 Brick Hotel miss. What can I interest you in?" a man with his buttoned-down shirt and khaki pants which was clearly ironed flat with its single plit displaying, giving its division in the middle, cordially invites me.

I flashed an elegant smile before I could compose my words and parted my lips to speak for my purpose.

"Could you relay to me where can I find the building's VIP room under 4th base?"

"With much delight. Within 5 meters from here, there, a lift is waiting for you just around the corner. You wait after the 4th button dings and once outside, it would only take three rooms for you to pass before you could reach your desired destination" he applies his courteous gesture as he guides me the directions.

"Much obliged" I left him with a kind bow and smile.

5 meters after I reached my pre-destination and the walls lowly grumbles as the lift started to hoist up.

The khaki guy done a great job when as soon as I exited the lift, the shimmering LED lights flickering from its borders, highlighting each bold letters of the VIP, coming from my side immediately drew in my attention which led me to turn my heels and started to walk past through the first three doors on the left.

I'm back at my wrist again and saw how the bigger hand was almost to hit the last 30 seconds before the 11th.

Door one. 26 seconds.

3 strides. Tick.

Door two. 19 seconds.

4 strides. Tick.

Last door. 7 seconds.

5 strides. Tick.

This could be it.